• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Is your shop prepared for the upcoming barter system?

Signarama Jockey

6ae21d212d0176ae-600x338.jpg

This whole coronal mass ejection stuff caught me by surprise. The aurora borealis was apparently visible from my back yard this past weekend and I didn't go out and see it. By the time I started getting this information, they were already talking about how something like this could wipe out all of the electronics and possibly cause a cascading grid down situation. Luckily, nothing bad happened, but this is kind of what I'm saying; I don't think we appreciate how close we are to the edge. Could be another totally-naturally-occuring-definitely-not-manmade virus, could be a solar flare, could be a terrorist act, could be a super-intelligent AI turning on humanity, could be a squirrel chewing through a cable at an electric substation outside of Niagara Falls... Sooner or later things are going to go down.

I'm rooting for the zombies or the virus, because my job relies so heavily on electricity. I can do what I do with a fever, but I'm dead in the water if I don't have power.

WildWestDesigns

I'm rooting for the zombies or the virus, because my job relies so heavily on electricity. I can do what I do with a fever, but I'm dead in the water if I don't have power.
Always have solar. That's the new thing now.

Why I have always been a big fan of analog ways of doing something. People are so beholding to their electronics that have abstracted so much away that people don't know how to do things before everything digital. Although, on the flip side, while I can do animation the old fashioned way and comics and still have my speedball and ames, drafting table, animation peg so I'm ready to go, the problem is if something really, really is bad, that isn't going to mean a lot until things start to settle down (thankfully the aggie will really come out at that point).

netsol

They say to put on your own mask first so that you don't pass out and are unable to help others around you. The message isn't save yourself first because you are more important and someone else might use up all the oxygen.

It's not about someone claiming they own something of yours, it's called compassion. I stay prepared, probably more so than many but am also prepared to help others if called on to do so. That's part of being a society and it's sad to see it breaking down. There's a marked difference with this entitled attitude of this current generation as compared to the Greatest Generation who had to endure WW2, they were everything but selfish. Maybe we are generationally too far removed from that era and those core values they had are not being passed down anymore? That's all I got, shouldn't have even posted in this, it just annoys me

Cricket Flour. I learn something new every day.
yah, I had to goo

gnubler

On a totally unrelated note, silver spot price is right around $30 per oz. 4 years ago today it was about $17 per oz.

...if spot means anything to you.
It fluctuates in value all the time, like everything else. Twelve years ago it was $50/oz and everyone got excited, as if it would never drop in price again. That was around the Sandy Hook era, when everyone went nuts with ammo as well.

Signarama Jockey

It fluctuates in value all the time, like everything else. Twelve years ago it was $50/oz and everyone got excited, as if it would never drop in price again. That was around the Sandy Hook era, when everyone went nuts with ammo as well.
Hard to believe that we used to put (in today's dollars) $2.25 worth of silver in each dime.