• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Issue printing wallpaper on Durst Rho 600

Erikka@Rainier

I am printing Abaco Beach wallpaper roll to roll on our Durst Rho 600. I noticed that the vacuum suction through the belt is causing some of the ink to be sucked into lines (where the holes are in the belt) and is creating darker lines in the print. Tried lowering the vacuum setting but no success. I've seen this before on the GT250 as well as the HP45500 but never as bad as this.

Considered a sled made from 3mm Sintra but these panels have to be run through our liquid laminator which requires several feet of lead before loading. It's possible to do but my production manager doesn't think it's a good idea and I'm inclined to believe him. This is mainly due to our timeline for completion and the lamination issue. Would like to avoid raising head height due to text being involved in the design of the wallpaper.

Have any of you run across this issue and found a reasonable solution?

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
Thats an interesting issue. I have never experienced anything like that on our QS2000 here. Sounds to me like you have a heavy ink load thats actually allowing it to pool or flow before being cured. Try turning your max ink load down in the rip???