• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Issues sending a job over the network to a Gerber Edge II

Stefan

Edit: Solved, see my own reply to this thread, in case it could help someone else.

Hi all,

we have a computer running Windows 7 Pro. The Gerber Edge II and an envision 375 is connected to this computer.

Sending jobs locally from this WIndows 7 machine works just fine.

Sending jobs over the network to the Windows 7 machine from either a Windows 10 machine or a Windows 11 machine works, the jobs get printed as expected.
However, when the job is finished, it gets sent again and again in an endless cycle, until you manually go into the Queue folder and delete the jobs in there (C:\ProgramData\Gerber\Omega 5.0\Queue).

The edge and the envision were previously attached to the Windows 10 computer mentioned above, and back then everthing worked fine even when sending files over the network.

All computers are connected to a network domain.

Any ideas on this matter? Could it be some admin rights issue or something, that prevents the Windows 7 machine from clearing the files in the Queue folder after having printed them?

Should also mention that the same thing happens when sending cut jobs to the envision plotter.

Last edited:

Stefan

Solved my own issue by adding the domain account on the Windows 7 machine on the Security Tab with full permission of the Queue folder properties.

Drip Dry

Solved my own issue by adding the domain account on the Windows 7 machine on the Security Tab with full permission of the Queue folder properties.
This is the way it should be done
Someone has a problem. The issue is resolved by help from here or is solved by the Op
The resolution is posted here so that someday it will help someone else

Thanks Stephan