• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Issues when importing files into Omega 5

Stefan

Hi all,

recently our Omega software refuses to import files (eps/pdf/ai) without changing the color the imported objects. For example, I can create a simple box shape in Illustrator, color it red (cmyk 0:100:100:0), and when I import that file into Omega, the values have changed. Importing the same file into for example Corel Draw works just fine. In Illustrator, I work in CMYK mode, and with no color managment.
Same thing, if I create a file in Corel Draw, and from there export the file as eps or pdf, then import that file to Omega, same thing occurs.

I have also tried creating the very same object in Omega, export it as an eps file and import it right back in - and Omega changes the colors!

In the import dialogue box in Omega, on the tab "Import Color Management", I have both the RGB source profile as well as the CMYK source profile set to none, but still Omega changes the colors. This totally breaks our workflow!

It seems like a major bug to me, or am I missing something obvious which I just can't figure out?

Stefan

Found the solution, if it's of any interest to anyone else. Use these setting in the import window and it should work:

import.jpg