• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Jet health and poor print quality after moving HP FB750 to new location

Andrew Hodgson

We moved warehouses and unfortunately our HP FB750 was left unused and unplugged for ~1.5 months until we could set up the printer at it's new location. Have the printer up and running but getting horrible print quality. Currently I have done the following
- Cleaned several parts of the printer (print head, encorder strip, etc)
- Purge and fill print heads
- Manual Bidi and X Registration Calibration

I am wondering what else I can do before calling HP support. Should I try purging the lines more or trying a different box of ink?

Attachments

• 20220310_114532.jpg
    20220310_114532.jpg
    725.8 KB · Views: 318
  • 20220310_125516.jpg
    20220310_125516.jpg
    1,007.8 KB · Views: 143
  • 20220310_125521.jpg
    20220310_125521.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 134

Peter Martins

Not worked on this model yet. But we both our printheads is cold water in an ultrasonic tank.
Ours has a veritable power facility.
Start on low power for a minute. Test. If no improvement maybe longer or more power.
I don't like full power as the heads have ceramic parts which might crack if to strong a vibration.

Do this at your own risk. It works for us sometimes

FrankW

Check the vacuum pressure.

Do you have any head cleaning liquid? Do you knkw how to clean the heads manually?

If manual cleaning wont help, wet a linth-free tissue with head cleaning liquid and tape that tissue below the heads for several hours.

Andrew Hodgson

Check the vacuum pressure.

Do you have any head cleaning liquid? Do you knkw how to clean the heads manually?

If manual cleaning wont help, wet a linth-free tissue with head cleaning liquid and tape that tissue below the heads for several hours.

How do you check the vacuum pressure? I also do not know how to manually cleaning the heads. I have cleaned the print heads through the maintenance setting where you wipe the print heads with the print head flush. I am not sure if that is what you're mentioning.

I can try taping lint-free tissue to the print head.

FrankW

Yes, wiping the head with print head flush (with a tissue on the fingers) is what I have meant.

Need to check myself were to check the pressure. On the back of the machine is an adjustment screw.