• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Jeti 3150x2 Color Shifting

cwb143

You know we've made several profiles for sintra, Ultraboard, and styrene. Which gives us good color Using onyx. We mainly print long runs of the same artwork. So what we do is print one and keep it as a sample. Now a month later we'll come back to that same job plug in the same information, profile, densities yata yata ya. and it almost never fails that the color will come up a little different. And we wind up playing with densities to get back to the color we started at. A profile should never change so much in a months times which leads me to believe its on the printer side. This printer is 5 years old now. could that be why? or is it ink brand?(we use sericol) or is it something different?

animenick65

Are you re-linierizing? Your profile isn't changing, it's your printing conditions that are changing. There are many factors that determine color. The only true way to control this is through linerization.

animenick65

I'm not that familiar with Onyx. I would like to think you can re-linerize with Onyx though. Someone else here might be able to speak to that.

I'm not that familiar with Onyx. I would like to think you can re-linerize with Onyx though. Someone else here might be able to speak to that.

Yes, Onyx allows re-linearization, through the Media Manager application. You'll need a supported spectrophotometer to do so.