• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Jeti 3150x2 Dark Streak

cwb143

One more issue I have sometimes is at the begining of my print on ultraboard. I get a dark streak on the first pass. It goes away sometimes when I clean the heads and dry them. sometimes it dosn't. Anyone got an Idea what causes this and how to fix it?

Grizzly

It’s all about your print!
You're probably wiping with solvent on your lint free cloth and some of the colors smear and mix with the solvent. The first pass is purging all that color and solvent out. The best thing to do, if you flushing regularly, is flush, purge twice at 2-3econds and then wipe with a dry cloth. Or to get it really clean, flush, purge once at 2-3 seconds then wipe with solvent cloth, purge again 2-3 seconds, then wipe with dry cloth. Let me know if you have any other questions about your Gandi. I've been running a 3150 for 5 years and a AGFA 1224 HDC for a year.

Last edited:

miker

we used to run color bar for a foot or two on a dead sheet of material to get get rid of any contaminants.

cwb143

You know Miker I do that especially before i do a profile. but today it wasnt helping me. However Grizzly's idea worked great so the prints are looking good now. thanks Guys!