• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help JFX-200 Head 2 not working

jbarry14

We have a JFX200-2513. It is a CMYK+CLCLWW Configuration. It was printing just fine, went to print another job and head 2 stopped working entirely, no white or gloss. When I do a nozzle check, there is no print from head 2. When I do a clean, I can see ink purge out of head 2. I have cleaned and reseated connections to the head and that did not change anything. The head was replaced about 4 months ago. I also had to replace the HDC board not long after the head was replaced. No problems with head 1. Any ideas of what to check?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I haven't had an entire head go out on a JFX200 yet but on most other machines I work on, it indicates a blown fuse somewhere in the system. I would test the fuses on the HDC board for continuity. I believe there is an electrical troubleshooting guide but I'm having trouble finding it.

jbarry14

I haven't had an entire head go out on a JFX200 yet but on most other machines I work on, it indicates a blown fuse somewhere in the system. I would test the fuses on the HDC board for continuity. I believe there is an electrical troubleshooting guide but I'm having trouble finding it.
I did just check the fuses on the HDC with my meter. They are all good.

Impact1

Wide Format Technical Solutions
I had this happen recently. Tested heads and HDC board all tested good. Turned printer off and unplugged for 5min. Reseated head cables and restarted printer started working.

jbarry14

I had this happen recently. Tested heads and HDC board all tested good. Turned printer off and unplugged for 5min. Reseated head cables and restarted printer started working.
I tried troubleshooting many different things. Swapped HDC cables, Tested fuses, Completely shutting off and pulling the main power cable. Nothing worked. Ended up swapping in an older used head we had laying around and it worked great. So i am not sure what the problem was with the head. Couldn't figure it out.

Impact1

Wide Format Technical Solutions
Did you check the TP test points on the HDC board while the head was connected and disconnected with a voltage meter? There are 4 points to check for head #2 (TP7,8,9,10) and each should read at least 30 ohms of resistance. Where did you get the head? Normally there is a 90 day standard warranty on OEM Mimaki parts.

jbarry14

Did you check the TP test points on the HDC board while the head was connected and disconnected with a voltage meter? There are 4 points to check for head #2 (TP7,8,9,10) and each should read at least 30 ohms of resistance. Where did you get the head? Normally there is a 90 day standard warranty on OEM Mimaki parts.
Back in November, we had problems with head 2. We had several service guys come out and one replaced the head. That did not solve our problem. Nobody could figure it out. Later I was troubleshooting and discovered that the HDC board was bad, so I replaced it. That fixed the issues with head 2. So that's why I had a spare known good head laying around. But we are passed the 90 day return at this point.