• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JFX EX + LUS120 and coro boards

growler

Hey team,

I am looking at getting a 2513 with the 120 running CMYK CMYK CL PR WW.
A large amount of my work is corflute/coroplast, what has peoples adhesion been like on these materials?

Also anyone have any plus/minus with the machine, I also have the new Epson v7000 on the list but with it being a 'new' entrant in the market I am always a little sceptical!

rjssigns

Don't know about printing on coro but my experience is beautiful prints, but dead slow. Once I run my students through it's basic operation I don't make them stand there and watch. Kinda like watching paint dry.

growler

Great print but slow

I currently run a Océ 460GT 7 years running and it's getting a little tired, the cost to give it a full overhaul is almost half the price of replacing with the EX, the EX is slightly faster than the 460, and much faster with WW VV modes in comparison.
Speed is not really my issue, it's quality 1st, and the ability for coro when needed 2nd.

Love my Océ but I hate the locked down nature of the unit, the Mimaki has been offered to me at a great price and will come with the full service manuals at install also.

The 2.5D printing on the EX also has some of my artist clients very excite for limited edition prints, I am yet to see any other machine offer this type of image/print out of the box?

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
I currently run a Océ 460GT 7 years running and it's getting a little tired, the cost to give it a full overhaul is almost half the price of replacing with the EX, the EX is slightly faster than the 460, and much faster with WW VV modes in comparison.
Speed is not really my issue, it's quality 1st, and the ability for coro when needed 2nd.

Love my Océ but I hate the locked down nature of the unit, the Mimaki has been offered to me at a great price and will come with the full service manuals at install also.

The 2.5D printing on the EX also has some of my artist clients very excite for limited edition prints, I am yet to see any other machine offer this type of image/print out of the box?

Geez what a downgrade. Would rather get a new Oce/canon Arizona over a mimaki anyday.
FYI varnish is a waste unless you plan to use it a lot.
Our Arizona runs flawlessly every day
The arizona can do the 2.5D stuff too. which i believe is where those types of prints started from. i believe it's called "touchstone"

KDean

I run a JFX EX with LUS-150 ink. I haven't had any adhesion issue on coro and can turn a sheet in around 7ish minutes at 300x450. It's definitely not the fastest but it gets the job done and for us the price point was very attractive.

growler

Our Arizona runs flawlessly every day"

Mine has mostly for 7 years, apart from that time it forgot it was a printer and took 6 weeks to fix, and any other time I need work on it I have to wait days for a tech with a service key to even get started. Guess thats what happens when you're in a small city win a small country!

That is what is keeping me off the oce train, the EX is an upgrade from my 460 and will do my current load and more, jumping up to a Oce 1230 or more is complete overkill for me, never saw the touchstone, it's a great looking , then only other option is to look at a FB550/750 or a R series, and they don't interest me at all.

growler

I run a JFX EX with LUS-150 ink. I haven't had any adhesion issue on coro and can turn a sheet in around 7ish minutes at 300x450. It's definitely not the fastest but it gets the job done and for us the price point was very attractive.

Thanks for that, 7 minutes for what size sheet, 8x4?

It's the price that has me interested as well, save a big whack of $$$ and will let me invest in other machines to go with it.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
Mine has mostly for 7 years, apart from that time it forgot it was a printer and took 6 weeks to fix, and any other time I need work on it I have to wait days for a tech with a service key to even get started. Guess thats what happens when you're in a small city win a small country!

That is what is keeping me off the oce train, the EX is an upgrade from my 460 and will do my current load and more, jumping up to a Oce 1230 or more is complete overkill for me, never saw the touchstone, it's a great looking , then only other option is to look at a FB550/750 or a R series, and they don't interest me at all.

Oh yes i understand service is a huge deal. This is also why we love canon in Australia. Same day or next day service.
Most of the time you don't need a service key. only if you do the print heads really. but i'd rather them come and do that.

Overall though, the Oce is a better machine. The inks are quite a lot better too, and much better colour gamut.

growler

Oh yes i understand service is a huge deal. This is also why we love canon in Australia. Same day or next day service.
Most of the time you don't need a service key. only if you do the print heads really. but i'd rather them come and do that.
Overall though, the Oce is a better machine. The inks are quite a lot better too, and much better colour gamut.

I think you are blinded by Canon somewhat, I have no loyalty to any brand, I look at them all and examine what suits my needs best.

Oce 1260 is same speed as the JFX 200 EX, yet costs over double, possibly more, I haven't been given a firm price on the 1260 but if it was like my 460GT then it's over double the price.
Service is my biggest concern, and that's just not great here so prefer to do it myself, always have until I got this machine.

It's a big call to say inks are quite a lot better, can you show me the details and documents regarding this to back that up, as the print samples I have from my printer vs the EX, the EX has a slightly wider gamut and adhesion was superb, I am admittedly using the 258 inkset currently which I know sacrifices gamut for adhesion, but it is more than commercially acceptable for the work loads I do.

I've been in this game a long long time, rolands, mimakis, HP, Dilli/Agfa, Oce. You name it, I have used, fixed, profiled it, water, solvent, latex, UV, dtg and dyesub. I am not just a button pusher. These are my income and I squeeze the best out of them.

I would love to see some info on your ink claims, as that could be a changer for me.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
I think you are blinded by Canon somewhat, I have no loyalty to any brand, I look at them all and examine what suits my needs best.

Oce 1260 is same speed as the JFX 200 EX, yet costs over double, possibly more, I haven't been given a firm price on the 1260 but if it was like my 460GT then it's over double the price.
Service is my biggest concern, and that's just not great here so prefer to do it myself, always have until I got this machine.

It's a big call to say inks are quite a lot better, can you show me the details and documents regarding this to back that up, as the print samples I have from my printer vs the EX, the EX has a slightly wider gamut and adhesion was superb, I am admittedly using the 258 inkset currently which I know sacrifices gamut for adhesion, but it is more than commercially acceptable for the work loads I do.

I've been in this game a long long time, rolands, mimakis, HP, Dilli/Agfa, Oce. You name it, I have used, fixed, profiled it, water, solvent, latex, UV, dtg and dyesub. I am not just a button pusher. These are my income and I squeeze the best out of them.

I would love to see some info on your ink claims, as that could be a changer for me.

Sure.
I just pulled up a profile from the mimaki JFX 200-2513 EX. and one of mine from the arizona.
Arizona on fine art has a Ink gamut (256) volume of 500365 VS 330781 (12 pass 1200x1200)
Spot colour accuracy is 81% vs 67%.

The Canon arizona1300 has UV LED inks and that gamut is even larger.

KDean

Thanks for that, 7 minutes for what size sheet, 8x4?

It's the price that has me interested as well, save a big whack of $$$ and will let me invest in other machines to go with it.

Yes 8'x4' sheets. If I am remembering correctly LUS-120 ink was much cheaper than the LUS-150 and was originally what I wanted to use but the Mimaki company rep and my sales rep both talked me into the LUS-150 due to the flexibility of the ink. At the time I didn't think I would need a flexible ink but now I am glad I did as I am currently printing some styrene I will be shipping rolled.