• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JFX200EX cleat issues

Pablo583

I am a Mimaki tech in Dallas Tx. Installed 2 JFX200EX machines lately one with 150 ink and one with 120 ink. Both have clear and having issues with a strange banding pattern when running the clear ink. Tried messing with the MAPPS settings and really do not see an improvement. Alignments are all good and nozzles at 100%. Seems to me a profile issue or a curing issue of some kind. Anyone out there have any suggestions I would greatly appreciate any ideas. In between installing these 2 machines I have installed another same exact machine and the clear looks amazing. I’m stumped.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
Photos usually help.

If there's no banding in any other channel, id look at redoing the alignments. may have been something you've missed.

Pablo583

Here are some pics, I have redone the alignments.

Attachments

• 35611C33-660A-4FCB-A5C2-A0B0F7D5CD50.jpeg
    35611C33-660A-4FCB-A5C2-A0B0F7D5CD50.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 164
  • 6295B618-3835-4329-A72F-4377F7C4016A.jpeg
    6295B618-3835-4329-A72F-4377F7C4016A.jpeg
    834.2 KB · Views: 144

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
FYI I have never used a mimaki.

How does the clear channel work?

On the Oce/Canon Arizonas, the clear is printed without curing, left to settle to smooth out, then goes back over to cure it.
Because that looks like it's printed and cured in the same pass? maybe that's the issue?

Pablo583

Yes you are correct have another machine out there that prints CMYK then clear on the same pass and looks amazing.

Attachments

• EAB055A1-08FA-4656-B8B3-2BEF44637F7D.jpeg
    EAB055A1-08FA-4656-B8B3-2BEF44637F7D.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 158
  • 26FFC3F3-7A10-43ED-8561-BE2D16D0EC6A.jpeg
    26FFC3F3-7A10-43ED-8561-BE2D16D0EC6A.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 146

KDean

I bought a JFX200 EX last September and had the same issue our tech/ installer made notes on the install paper work he sent back to Mimaki. He came back in July and replaced the white/clear printhead and it is printing perfectly now.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
Strange.
I would get the profile from a working machine and install it on the problematic machine and see if it's any different.

It looks like the clear has not had enough time to settle.

Pablo583

Strange.
I would get the profile from a working machine and install it on the problematic machine and see if it's any different.

It looks like the clear has not had enough time to settle.
Yep already been down that road and eliminated that theory. Thanks

Pablo583

I bought a JFX200 EX last September and had the same issue our tech/ installer made notes on the install paper work he sent back to Mimaki. He came back in July and replaced the white/clear printhead and it is printing perfectly now.
Nice did that already as well.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I was going to say head as well. I've had similar issues with JFX200 installs with the white and it ended up being the head. But it seems like you've already tried that. If it were me I would make sure the firmware is up to date. The Ricoh Gen 5 heads have had a couple revisions that required firmware updates to work properly. If that is up to date, I would flush the entire clear system and then refill with a new batch of ink. I'm basically thinking the ink might just be bad. UV inks as you know have a much shorter shelf life so maybe you just got an oldie.

Adam Vreeke

Knows just enough to get in a lot of trouble..
I get that issue as well on my normal 2513 with all clear nozzles firing normally. To get rid of this I run a resolution of 600x600 and 32 pass, clear looks beautiful with no banding look on it. And make sure both lamps are at position 0.

Headstrike

Mimaki Wide Format Printer Services
Are the lamps glasses clean? Make sure you don't have over spray on it. That can cause it.
Also, if you run a Comp Voltage Adjustment, do you see banding into the solid clear block? Try to increase/decrease the voltage and see if that makes it better.