• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JFX2513 colour streaking

Can anyone help please. My flatbed is suffering streaks on a particular colour. Everything else is fine apart from a lime green which is streaking both ends of the panel from start to finish, but prints great between that. I've done everything possible to try and cure it from cleaning to changing wipers, filters etc. I have read a thread about static causing it but i have an ioniser bar and have also wiped with IPA to reduce but still does it, any ideas?

Correction on that, its doing it on other colours aswell. It looks like a streak that is caused by something hanging down off the head, but its totally clean and free of anything!

Impact1

Wide Format Technical Solutions
Did you clean the media jam sensors? Also, have you verified there is no damage to the encoder strip.

Send pictures of your nozzle test print pattern and picture examples of what is going on in your prints.

Hi there, many thanks for your reply. I have attached an image showing the clarity of print everywhere on the panel except the bottom where you can see the streaking. This happens at the other end of the panel too. the encoder strip looks ok but will give it a clean, i figured if it was that it would mess up the registration but thats ok as the print hits the panel perfectly on all sides. The media jam sensor i havent checked so will do so.

Attachments

• 20220516_075353.jpg
    20220516_075353.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 112
  • 20220513_182857.jpg
    20220513_182857.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 108

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
Is it the same spot on the flatbed that it always happens on?
Have you tried raising the height of the carriage?

Is it the same spot on the flatbed that it always happens on?
Have you tried raising the height of the carriage?
Hi Pauly, yes its the same left and right of the panel all the way up the bed. Its where the ink strikes first and last on the artwork as it goes across and comes back again. I'm printing on 3mm composite and scans at 3.1mm, adding on the 1.5mm gap its 4.6mm overall. I raised it up to 5.2mm but still does it.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
So you can rule out it's not physically rubbing on it?
Does it happen on other stock?

So you can rule out it's not physically rubbing on it?
Does it happen on other stock?
its definitely not catching the material. I'm just doing 5mm pvc foamex and its the same on that. Im thinking of putting a panel down next to it with minimal artwork on so it prints that first before it gets my main panel and see if it stops it.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
its definitely not catching the material. I'm just doing 5mm pvc foamex and its the same on that. Im thinking of putting a panel down next to it with minimal artwork on so it prints that first before it gets my main panel and see if it stops it.
Instead of that, my next suggestion is to roll out some paper and print on that. dont print on the edge of the paper, but leave a gap. see what happens.

Impact1

Wide Format Technical Solutions
Hi there, many thanks for your reply. I have attached an image showing the clarity of print everywhere on the panel except the bottom where you can see the streaking. This happens at the other end of the panel too. the encoder strip looks ok but will give it a clean, i figured if it was that it would mess up the registration but thats ok as the print hits the panel perfectly on all sides. The media jam sensor i havent checked so will do so.
Nozzle Test print looks good. Make sure you are cleaning the material with alcohol before printing on it. Also, make sure the humidity in your shop is between 35 to 55 percent. The ionizer should run for 7 seconds or so before the print starts. Sometimes they are installed on the printer but never turned on. As far as the head gap I would not recommend it being more then 2.0mm. So the most I would add would be 0.5. Adding to much to the head gap can cause overspray. If you do add you may want to also run the Drop.Pos.

Adam Vreeke

Knows just enough to get in a lot of trouble..
This happens to me quite a bit. Clean your capping station by doing a disway wash, may take one or two to clear up. I also usually do an air purge on all colors as well, just to be on the safe side.

This happens to me quite a bit. Clean your capping station by doing a disway wash, may take one or two to clear up. I also usually do an air purge on all colors as well, just to be on the safe side.
ive tried the Disway wash but still the same. I have an engineer coming in the morning to take a look, hes mentioned purging the air on it

Nozzle Test print looks good. Make sure you are cleaning the material with alcohol before printing on it. Also, make sure the humidity in your shop is between 35 to 55 percent. The ionizer should run for 7 seconds or so before the print starts. Sometimes they are installed on the printer but never turned on. As far as the head gap I would not recommend it being more then 2.0mm. So the most I would add would be 0.5. Adding to much to the head gap can cause overspray. If you do add you may want to also run the Drop.Pos.
The humidity was at 55% when it was happening. The ionizer does kick in prior to printing. Ive also tried wiping aswell! running out of ideas very fast