• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help JV150-160: one magenta line is missing

Doom

Hi guys,

I have an issue with one of my Mimaki JV150-160s.
From one day to another one magenta line is missing:

20230202_121329.jpg

I already read some threads, so I changed the dampers and replaced the cap head, but the magenta line is still missing.
Do you have any suggestions what else I can do?

Thank you!

Last edited:

Doom

I dont know if "line" was the right expression, one whole magenta channel is missing - so everything that should be red is printed orange...

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Try doing a damper swap to see if another color can print through that channel. Basically just swap the damper with the one next to it and run a cleaning. This will tell you if the issue is with the ink flow above the head or below. Then we can have a better idea of what might be causing the issue.

Doom

Try doing a damper swap to see if another color can print through that channel. Basically just swap the damper with the one next to it and run a cleaning. This will tell you if the issue is with the ink flow above the head or below. Then we can have a better idea of what might be causing the issue.
Sorry I wasnt at work the last two days, so here are the results from the damper swap:
IMG-20230209-WA0005.jpg

The test draw was worse than the last one, still one whole channel missing and a lot of missing lines...
Thats not a good sign I think?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
The same channel not firing anything tells me that it's either completely clogged, the manifold is cracked, or it's not being pulled on by the cap top. I would take the damper off and inspect the manifold to see if it's broken or cracked. If it's in good condition, I would hook up a syringe and gently flush the channel to see if cleaning solution can flow through. If it can't then I would try to flush it until it is clear. If solution can flow through, your cap might be out of position just enough to not include that last magenta channel. In that case you will have to physically adjust the cap holder so that it lines up with the head properly.