• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV300 Half damper missing

Valentinik

Hi all, after a little help.

For the past few months ive been having issue with half of a damper on one of the heads of my JV300 missing (it could be either head) normally it clears with a couple of hard cleans but today for example half of one black damper on head 2 was missing. This time no cleaning will clear it. I removed the damper and pulled ink through. A couple of cleans and all the black is back but now a small section of yellow on head 1 is missing (fine before) and i have the same issue there with numerous cleans not clearing it.

The machine is using a bulk system, both Caps have been replaced this morning. Where should i be looking now?

Thanks
Mike

Attachments

• PXL_20230131_115839951.jpg
    PXL_20230131_115839951.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 247
  • PXL_20230131_115857292.jpg
    PXL_20230131_115857292.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 93

DL Signs

Never go against the family
Here's the most common causes of drop outs that you have to keep chasing around. You can probably do a head soak and get it back, but if it returns...

Head caps. You already replaced them, also check around the head to make sure there isn't any dried up ink buildup that'll prevent the cap tops from sealing too.

When was the last time the dampers were replaced? They have tiny filters in them, if one is plugged they won't get suction, I replace them annually, before they start causing issues, replace them all at the same time for best results. Head caps, wipers, and dampers are all items that need periodic replacement.

Also check the lines from the cap tops to the pump/ waste tank, if they get restricted or have any leaks, just like the cap tops not sealing, you won't get good ink suction. On a 300 you should be able to do a disway wash, and watch as it's doing it. It'll fill the cap tops with cleaning solution and suction it out, it should suck them dry, if not you have either a leak or restriction there.

Always have to keep in mind when troubleshooting that ink isn't pumped to the head, it's suctioned from below the head, any restriction or leak will cause issues. It's like a vacuum cleaner, if the hose leaks, or has an obstruction, it doesn't work good. Eliminate the most obvious causes and you'll know if you have something more major. Pumps also wear out over time, but more often just quit.

Valentinik

Here's the most common causes of drop outs that you have to keep chasing around. You can probably do a head soak and get it back, but if it returns...

Head caps. You already replaced them, also check around the head to make sure there isn't any dried up ink buildup that'll prevent the cap tops from sealing too.

When was the last time the dampers were replaced? They have tiny filters in them, if one is plugged they won't get suction, I replace them annually, before they start causing issues, replace them all at the same time for best results. Head caps, wipers, and dampers are all items that need periodic replacement.

Also check the lines from the cap tops to the pump/ waste tank, if they get restricted or have any leaks, just like the cap tops not sealing, you won't get good ink suction. On a 300 you should be able to do a disway wash, and watch as it's doing it. It'll fill the cap tops with cleaning solution and suction it out, it should suck them dry, if not you have either a leak or restriction there.

Always have to keep in mind when troubleshooting that ink isn't pumped to the head, it's suctioned from below the head, any restriction or leak will cause issues. It's like a vacuum cleaner, if the hose leaks, or has an obstruction, it doesn't work good. Eliminate the most obvious causes and you'll know if you have something more major. Pumps also wear out over time, but more often just quit.

DL Signs Thank you very much for your reply, Id missed this.

No problem since my last post but today its appeared again. I'm not sure on damper age as it was purchased from another sign shop in november. So i've ordered a set of 8 genuine dampers to fit.

When doing a disway wash the printer will fill head 2 from the wash cartridge but not for head 1, i have to fill that manually. Although it does suck both caps clean when emptying and i can see the fluid flow through the waste tubes.

Thanks
Mike

DL Signs

Never go against the family
When doing a disway wash the printer will fill head 2 from the wash cartridge but not for head 1
I would look into that too. When the printer does its refresh cycle when it's shut off, and cleanings, it does pump cleaning solution to the head cap. Could cause issues down the line, especially over weekends & holidays when it's not being used. That should be a pretty easy fix, maybe a kinked line, or that line has some debris or dried ink that got in the line at the head cap end.

Let us know how everything works out.