• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV33 160 - left side heat problem

TraderLink

Merchant Member
Just started having issues with the heaters on our JV33 160.

The heaters come on fine right across on the printer, but after that it doesn't keep heating on the far left side (pre and print heat - post heat is fine).
If I bump up the heat setting while printing, the left side will kick back in temporarily but then quit again.

Any help is extremely appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
There are a lot of different issues that could be going on when the heaters start malfunctioning. Do you have any experience using a multimeter? If so, the tech manual has a really comprehensive heater system troubleshooting guide. If not, I would call a tech as it mostly involves testing the electronic components.

TraderLink

Merchant Member
There are a lot of different issues that could be going on when the heaters start malfunctioning. Do you have any experience using a multimeter? If so, the tech manual has a really comprehensive heater system troubleshooting guide. If not, I would call a tech as it mostly involves testing the electronic components.

We were thinking it was the heaters, but now not so sure. The reason we were thinking this is, the platen to the left of the vinyl was cooling down... but when we feel along under the vinyl, it is warm right along.

Attached is a picture of what the left side of the print looks like... the right side is fine. (I know the media comp isn't set right, but that isn't what we're concerned about)

Attachments

• 041.jpg
    041.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 84