• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV33 160 Rip for MAC

Rapolas

Hello,

Is there any rip which can work with jv33 and mac? Rasterlink doesn't work on mac...

Thank you for answers.

Rapolas

APC Tech NE

Onyx Postershop and Wasatch are better for printing, workflow etc., but only run on PC. If you have a vinyl plotter, Flexi would work for both but may be a bit of a sacrifice on the printing end. I am hearing rumors of banding problems with the driver for the JV33. My advise is to swallow your Mac pride and invest in a PC and either Onyx or Wasatch, or you could use bootcamp on your Mac and run either of these. My preference is Wasatch because it comes with capability to run up to four machines out of the box and the learning curve is a little shorter. With Onyx you will have to pay for an upgrade if you wish to have more than two machines set up simultaneously. Wasatch seems more stable and runs on a wider variety of hardware. Onyx is a very versatile program but can be troublesome on some machines. Both RIPS will enable you to tile and nest jobs, and do direct post conversion color replacement. These are very useful features in a fast paced production environment.

rfulford

I completed a 90 day demo of Caldera. I can say it is a very nice rip and very intuitive. Unfortunately, it is also one of the pricier options out there. You can run it on a mac or under linux. Colorburst also runs on a Mac but sadly, the printer support is lacking on the mac version.

CL Graphics

Your probably money ahead to buy a used pc and use it as a rip station. Then you dont have to worry about tying up your mac while ripping.