• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV33 Blue ink head

MichaelGass

It could be a loose connection where the ribbon cable plugs to the head or slider board on top of the head. Bad connections cause strange unpredictable firing. Pull the head cable out of the board, wipe it off and reseat. It sounds silly but fixes firing issues and its free and easy. Also do the same for ribbon cables from chain to the slider board ( board on top of the print heads)

Art Tampa

hi guys bought a new head for a mimaki cjv30 , problem we had was, ink was getting mix on dampers, head went bad, so replace it, but right away we still have the same problem. black ink is going into the yellow damper, i can heard a hissing noise , cap is new, so remove the tubes from pump to cap, we still have the same air noise, if we push the plate up , the hissing noise stops, as a right now black ink is on nozzle check goes everywhere, after cleaning twice , is gone prints fine, and then will give us a black drip of ink on the middle of the print, finish printing and we are back again with ink mixing,

hbb2008

Premium Subscriber
under the cap, is a blue little plug. make sure you still have that or you can have air leak
Take off capping-the two hoses should fit tightly and there must be a blue plug behind, very important !

If you are not sure how to there is a video

Art Tampa

hi thank you for your help, it has a new cap, and i see a black plug, last night Sunday, I came and did the cleaning and left with a clean nozzle, this morning turned printer on, and this is what i got, all nozzles were black, so i m having a vacuum problem, ( picture 9036) after i had to clean dampers because i had black ink in it, did fill tank ink, and did a clean head, i noticed at the cap had an excessive amount of ink, pump seam to be working good, as i see ink coming out on cleaning, so i prime and everytime i do a prime the colors comes back, at least 10 primes ill get all colors back, but i leave the printer for a couple minutes , black ink is back. it has a new head new cap and dampers, no new pump, but i can hear an air leak even if i remove the two little hoses from cap to pump still getting that noise here and then. any suggestions thank you. oh by the way i had 4 inks low, but put all new ones just in case

Attachments

• IMG_9028.JPG
    IMG_9028.JPG
    713.6 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_9030.JPG
    IMG_9030.JPG
    694.3 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG_9036.JPG
    IMG_9036.JPG
    509.9 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_9037.JPG
    IMG_9037.JPG
    495.4 KB · Views: 127
  • IMG_9040.JPG
    IMG_9040.JPG
    196.7 KB · Views: 109

Art Tampa

now we try to print a file , check , rainbow prints fine, please see video and you can see the cap is full of ink, causing to drip black ink and get the heads dirty again. thank you Art this is the link for a small video
pic 9045 , it print fine, as long as we did not have a separation. is driving us crazy , any TNT please , after we print the 98 nice, we did a prime pic 9046 all black, now after 20 primes , the heads cleaned.

Attachments

• IMG_9041.jpg
    IMG_9041.jpg
    172.8 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG_9045.jpg
    IMG_9045.jpg
    467 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_9046.jpg
    IMG_9046.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_9047.jpg
    IMG_9047.jpg
    361.1 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:

hbb2008

Premium Subscriber
You replaced the head, did you replace all of the dampers and cap station and pump too? I usually have to change my pump and cap station every 1-2 years. since the ink is in the cap station when you start printing, I would think the pump is bad. but im only guessing.

above the dampers are joint valve assembly valves with o-rings that may not be sealed correctly also causing the vacuum or contamination. try replacing or making sure they are tight.

Art Tampa

thank you, yes we just place an order for new pump, as cap , dampers, blade, head are new, checked the joints tubes on the back of the printer and they are tided. for what i see and hope to be the pump, we will update tomorrow, thank you