• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV33 -DX5 printhead differences

folvacny

Hello, i am new owner of mimaki jv33-160. I have bought this printer from owner who told me, that there is necceseary to buy new printhead (he told that the head in the printer os clogged). I have tried to clean this printhead with acetone and reverse water fall. 7 channels were perfectly cleaned, but the last channel broke whole head (there 8channel leaks to the 7th channel). I have decided to buy new printhead, but there are lot of orders on internet - OEM mimaki DX5 is expensive. Chinesse offer some cheaper DX5 heads. and i have found DX5 from USA where the price is on the half. But they write, that the printhead is for ECOsolvent or MILDsolvent. My question is: Where is the difference between solvent and eco solvent printhead? Is there only difference in the head manifold - that means, that when i buy cheap head for MILDsol/ECOsol and replace head minofld for solvent inksm will this work? Another question is: some DX5 has green connector and another DX5 has black connector - what the color of the connector told us? Is there some difference in DX5 for MUTOH and MIMAKI? will fit mutoh DX5 head to the mimaki printer?

DL Signs

Never go against the family
Even though a lot of printers use a DX5, and they'll fit, you still have to make sure you have one that matches the brand/ model. The reason is some printer manufacturers use different voltages to feed the heads. Some are interchangable, some use encrypted heads, others you can use un-codedd/ unlocked (if the voltage is correct). They make nothing easy :rolleyes:

folvacny

Even though a lot of printers use a DX5, and they'll fit, you still have to make sure you have one that matches the brand/ model. The reason is some printer manufacturers use different voltages to feed the heads. Some are interchangable, some use encrypted heads, others you can use un-codedd/ unlocked (if the voltage is correct). They make nothing easy :rolleyes:
i have found DX5 on some chinesse web site and there is written that the printhead is used for MUTOH/MIMAKI and the pritnhead they ofer is without memory board. - need to install my currently memory board onto new printhead, so probably this will fit. But what i think about is the color of the head connector and inks compatibility.on every page where i found DX5, there is written "for MILD solvent or ECO solvent inks". but SS21 ink (oem mimaki inks) are true solvent inks. and the color of the connector - i think that the connector color says the "compatibility" with the printer. Probably mimaki / mutoh has green connector and others has black connector ?

DL Signs

Never go against the family
i have found DX5 on some chinesse web site and there is written that the printhead is used for MUTOH/MIMAKI and the pritnhead they ofer is without memory board. - need to install my currently memory board onto new printhead, so probably this will fit. But what i think about is the color of the head connector and inks compatibility.on every page where i found DX5, there is written "for MILD solvent or ECO solvent inks". but SS21 ink (oem mimaki inks) are true solvent inks. and the color of the connector - i think that the connector color says the "compatibility" with the printer. Probably mimaki / mutoh has green connector and others has black connector ?
The SS21 inks are in fact eco-sol, that's what we use in our Mimaki. I'm pretty sure (but not positive) that Mutoh and Mimaki use the same voltages, so the connector color is probably the reference if the same part number is listed for both. Those would be unlocked heads, hence the use of existing memory. I've only been working with Mimaki's for the last year or so, came from decades using Roland and Fujifilm printers, so I'm still learning those myself, but the same basic principles apply to most.

ChicagoGraphics

SS21 inks are mild solvent, I don't think a true solvent ink would last to long in a DX5 printhead

hybriddesign

owner Hybrid Design
Hello, i am new owner of mimaki jv33-160. I have bought this printer from owner who told me, that there is necceseary to buy new printhead (he told that the head in the printer os clogged). I have tried to clean this printhead with acetone and reverse water fall. 7 channels were perfectly cleaned, but the last channel broke whole head (there 8channel leaks to the 7th channel). I have decided to buy new printhead, but there are lot of orders on internet - OEM mimaki DX5 is expensive. Chinesse offer some cheaper DX5 heads. and i have found DX5 from USA where the price is on the half. But they write, that the printhead is for ECOsolvent or MILDsolvent. My question is: Where is the difference between solvent and eco solvent printhead? Is there only difference in the head manifold - that means, that when i buy cheap head for MILDsol/ECOsol and replace head minofld for solvent inksm will this work? Another question is: some DX5 has green connector and another DX5 has black connector - what the color of the connector told us? Is there some difference in DX5 for MUTOH and MIMAKI? will fit mutoh DX5 head to the mimaki printer?
Contact solventinkjet.com

Good pricing and they will make sure you get the correct head. They often have the heads without the memory board which is cheaper

unmateria

I agree. Chinese truly guaranteed Epson original are like all chinese. Really bad refurbished old crap (i have bought them before) and of course you can pursue the seller by whatsapp all the day until he blocks you. We bought 2 (dx5 and dx7) to different sellers. Different hand rebuilding them, but the same shit.

Save time and money and ask solventinket