• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV33 Service manual

Rooster

Is there one available for a JV33-130. My local dealer is telling me that a print head replacement bills out at $4000.

For that price I can do it myself.

Case

Your local dealer is making a killing then.... The printhead is just over $2000 and an end user with any mechanical ability can change out that head and do the easy alignments on the 33. You don't need the service manual to take out that head or put it back in. It's held in by 2 clips that can be lifted up and screwed out. Contact me if you need help.
Otherwise all the different dealers have labor rates.

Case

Capital Signs

Thats probably why they are charging him like that, because he may be the only dealer around or close... So he would HAVE to pay tha price... (well... if he chooses to)

Capital Signs

As you stated, if the print head it self cost 4000 dollars... that is what I understood, but my mistake. I know their expensive, but not that bad... My appology if I have offended you.

Case

As you stated, if the print head it self cost 4000 dollars... that is what I understood, but my mistake. I know their expensive, but not that bad... My appology if I have offended you.
$2000. JV33 and Valuejet have the same head.

The JV33 is one of the easier heads out there to change out. Same goes for the Valuejet.

You haven't offended me at all. I don't own the printer. lol

Case

Capital Signs

hahaha, ok, cool. Well, I'm going to make sure to have a 2000 dollar cushion for the head always ;) After my 2 year warranty is up when I get mine next week :)

Case

Both good machines... Valuejet is a good Eco-Solvent printer. JV33 is a good solvent printer...(you can get eco ink for the 33 as well) I would take either one of them and be happy.

Case

Rooster

Surprisingly the eco-sols on the JV33 have tested pretty good. Although I'm unable to create profiles using the rasterlink3 rip. I haven't tried a broad range of medias, but abrasion resistance and drying time seem to be better than I had expected.

PS: I found a website that listed the printheads for under $1000. My supplier charges about $2000 for the part and the rest is the install.