• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV33 - setting the cleaning cycle for automatic cleaning DURING printing.

Forty One

I've searched my manual but I can find how to adjust the cleaning cycle (1 min 44 sec) to delay it while my printer is printing.
I.E. It does an auto clean every meter of print.
Previous machines I've worked with, I have never seen the printer do a clean so frequently.

1. how do I delay the auto print cycle to say every 2 meters instead?
2. Should I adjust this at all?

dudeinthemoon

You’ll find those settings in setup>typex>cleaning. There should be two options: timed cleaning and by the length

Forty One

Thanks,
I've looked a that and there isn't any option to adjust the time or length.
It goes Setup>Select Type> (cycle through menu to) Auto Cleaning OR Print Cleaning - then with the option to either turn it off or on.
Nothing to adjust or delay it

dudeinthemoon

What firmware version you use? And usually if there is a need in extra cleaning during the printing, if you’re always using the same ink set and it was fine before, and when it becomes impossible to print with same quality as before first you should replace all parts which could cause it, dampers, their connectors, cap and ink pump, it is better to replace cap and dampers every year despite its condition, and the ink pump usually lasts not more than 2-3 years, before it becomes too weak. And don’t forget to use head wash option every day after the work ends, 5-10mins will be enough to keep the printhead in good condition as long as it possible.

Last edited:
Hi in maintennace there is an option it said routine setup then cleaning change the time for 8 hours try it... or go to setup reset and all the values return a factory settings. and do the drop post correct and start like new.

hbb2008

Premium Subscriber
Hi,

you can do this by going into Function --> setup--> type--> Auto cleaning, down arrow to On or OFF and then when it is turned on, press Function to change the mm intervals.
OR
Function --> setup--> type--> print cleaning, THEN ,down arrow to On or OFF and then when it is turned on, press Function to change the mm intervals.

hope this helps