• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Kongsberg X24, HP R2000, HP 800W

DonMeads

Hey guys, I have been operating each of these machines for quite some time and feel like I have a bit of knowledge - especially with the Kongsberg. I love to share info and learn from others who also own these machines so what questions do you guys have, or what are some things that you have learned along the way that might help someone else? I personally have a lot of issues with banding in certain colors on the 800W that I just cannot figure out. I tend to avoid printing certain wraps on it which is super lame considering how much faster it prints. I wish I could use it as my primary printer and not have to worry about how the greens/greys are going to turn out. One of the things with the Kongsberg that I love is having the hot folder so that every time I print something the file is sent to the router with all of the layers properly labeled and set up. It definitely speeds up the production process. My only trouble with that is onyx prints a weird combination of registration marks on the front right of each run and those dots have to be deleted out of every file otherwise the Kongsberg will completely lose its mind.

victor bogdanov

I have a general flatbed question, my belt is getting torn up a bit at the seam and wondering if there are any tips to prolong the life of that area. I put duct tape there for now

I was thinking maybe glue in a patch?

20230123_133022.jpg

20230123_162230.jpg

DonMeads

I actually had to patch my belt a few years back after an issue with the chuck and after all of the research I found that Esko/Kongsberg called out a specific adhesive to use. It was a bit tricky applying it to that one specific area, but it worked and has held up quite well over the years.