• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Konica Minolta AccurioWide

PrintQueen

is anyone using a Konica Minolta AccurioWide 160 or 200? We're in the market for a flatbed/hybrid, and we are considering the KM AccurioWide 200. Wondering if anyone has experience with this machine? Curious if it can print ink thick enough for braille signs? Also wondering your overall thoughts and experiences with it/consumables/service/etc. the University i work at has a contract with KM in place already, making it appealing on the purchasing-side of things. We have had some really bad luck with our small format KM production machines, so I'm wondering if their wide format printers tend to have a lot of issues or if they're pretty good machines?

Christian @ 2CT Media

Horrible idea and slow... For the same price you can get a Vanguard. A belt machine is never a good idea for braille, the precision will not be there.

JPR-5690

We switched from Xerox digital presses to Konica presses about 5 years ago and in some ways it feels like we fell out of the frying pan and into the fire.

I honestly feel bad for our KM service techs because they are in our shop almost every day. No joke. One of them is replacing a part as we speak that ha already been replaced multiple times this week alone.

I’m pretty sure I would go with ANY other brand over Konica simply based on how often their presses go down.

Adam Vreeke

Knows just enough to get in a lot of trouble..
We switched from Xerox digital presses to Konica presses about 5 years ago and in some ways it feels like we fell out of the frying pan and into the fire.

I honestly feel bad for our KM service techs because they are in our shop almost every day. No joke. One of them is replacing a part as we speak that ha already been replaced multiple times this week alone.

I’m pretty sure I would go with ANY other brand over Konica simply based on how often their presses go down.

I have had the exact same experience with digital presses. Konica Techs where in almost daily replacing this or that while the Xerox would print like a champ and never needed anything replaced, and if it did I could easily replace it. I know a digital press is not the same as a wide format machine. But if their bread and butter of digital presses was that horrible I wouldn't touch their wide formats with a 10 foot pole. Take my 2 cents with a grain of salt as I have never looked at their wide format machines, when I saw them at the AIGA show a few years ago I just kept walking; strong NO THANKS from me.

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
The KM is a rebranded DILI machine similar to our AGFA. I doubt it can do braille signs well. You can double or triple hit the ink....but not sure it would build up enough and be cost effective enough for what you are looking for.