• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Laminator

wes70

Looking to purchase a new cold laminator. I have it narrowed down to the 55" Royal Sovereign and the 65" Guardian. I've used the RS along with Seal and GBC in the past. Loved the Seal but it's beyond my budget. Didn't care for the GBC. The RS was a decent, simple machine. Just seeing if anyone has any experience with the Guardian laminators?

greysquirrel

you will own a laminator for 10-15 years...I'd spend the extra money on a GFP. I m sure there are people happy with their Royals...there are more out there with buyer's remorse. The guardian has a lever to set the head height...its fixed to specific sizes. You want a wheel to be able to dial in the nip setting(distance between the rollers) the just laminating its critical to have the correct mount of pressure...I'd run from the guardian.