• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Large printed install patterns

Andy D

I have to print install patterns for our install crew with mounting/drilling holes
and letter placement, usually for channel letters. The patterns can be up to 8' x 30'
and are usually used pretty high up.

I have been using 8oz & 13oz cheap banner material, but that can be heavy and hard for them to work with.
I'm looking for a light weight, temporary but tough material that I can print to and isn't too expensive and comes in large rolls.

I was thinking Tyvek, but it's too expensive and I can't find it in large printable rolls.

Any ideas? Thanks

Bretbyron

I have been using "Aspire Glossy Digital Paper" for our in-house templates, It's not "really" glossy. Description: heavy "poster-weight" & This highly opaque, barrier coated paper is formulated with wet-strength additives. I get it from Denco, it's affordable and also usable for short term and interior posters.

Andy D

I have been using "Aspire Glossy Digital Paper" for our in-house templates, It's not "really" glossy. Description: heavy "poster-weight" & This highly opaque, barrier coated paper is formulated with wet-strength additives. I get it from Denco, it's affordable and also usable for short term and interior posters.

Thanks, do you know how wide it comes? Could you provide a link please?

i use just regular ole butcher paper. we tape it down to cardboard when it needs to be rigid.

Yeah, we do the same for smaller installs, but doesn't work well with huge installs.

FS-Keith

huge letter sets we will do on coroplast on the router. we "key" the pieces together so its always a perfect fit and put the sharpie in the tool holder to do the shape outline/level lines ect

for most things we use a butcher type paper and do it on the plotter with the marker. we have dont tyvek also and it works well

Banner is not something i would use if you are using it on a hot day, it will distort and you will have holes off

GaSouthpaw

Profane and profane accessories.
For the big ones, I use 75# Kraft paper and tape them together. Sturdier than butcher paper, much less weight than an equal sized banner would be. I prep the file in sections, pen plot them, and tape them together. Knock wood, I've yet to have one fail- including the 4' x 76' sets and 16' x 66' I've done in the past month.

ImpactSignCo

We still use the standard butcher paper, but laminate it on both sides with an inexpensive laminate to give it stability.

Bretbyron

Thanks, do you know how wide it comes? Could you provide a link please?

Yeah, we do the same for smaller installs, but doesn't work well with huge installs.

It comes in 54" X 165' and unfortunately I cannot link to Denco's catalog, you have to have an account. It's basically their house brand poster paper. Maybe Grimco has some Brightline poster paper.

Bretbyron

It looks like Grimco does not have a brightline alternative, but the do sell a comparable SIHL product: Sihl 3689 TriSolv PostArt, comes in up to 64" X 200'. Description:
6 mil
Satin finish paper
Wet strength chemistry
Outdoor posters, digital wall paper, POP displays

TXFB.INS

we print our patterns on the very cheapest material we can get our hands on, usually its regular calendared vinyl sometimes it is perf vinyl though.
this keeps the weight down and also when trying to hold in place all is needed is to peel an edge back and use the adhesive on the material, otherwise leave the backing on and that offers more rigidity with less chance of the pattern ripping in a wind gust or if it dropped / handled rough