• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Latex printer maximum life

Peter Martins

Recently 2 hp 370s arrived in our workshop.

Full service from HP from new, and still under HP warranty.

I bought them blind to sell on.
They have done 55 and 62,000 m2.

Makes me wonder about High milanege machines.

62000 m2 is about 32000 linier m or 32km.
The manufacturers Service kits replace all key parts, carriage, belt, tubes, scan axis and other motors etc.
The only parts that are not replaced are the varous roller bearings, but the engineer in me ( I used to work with heavy precision machine tools industry) says 32km is nothing in terms of wear.

I'll check the wear on the carriage rails but don't expect anything serious here. I guess the carriage milage is maybe 500 to 1000 times more than machine metreage, so 16,000,000 - 32,000,000 passes. Sounds a lot but its a polished hard steel rod being worn by a replaceable plastic Bush without major stress.

Machines are clean internally with only minor discolouration of the plastic casing and visible where stickers have been removed.

I'd be interested in other peoples experiance with high metreage machines,
what the record metreage ?

And what problems might arise with higher milage printers?

What if anything should I do anything to improve future reliability?

We will get these ready for sale or rental in the UK.

Thanks for reading

balstestrat

Problem Solver
The only parts that are not replaced are the varous roller bearings, but the engineer in me ( I used to work with heavy precision machine tools industry) says 32km is nothing in terms of wear.

I'll check the wear on the carriage rails but don't expect anything serious here. I guess the carriage milage is maybe 500 to 1000 times more than machine metreage, so 16,000,000 - 32,000,000 passes. Sounds a lot but its a polished hard steel rod being worn by a replaceable plastic Bush without major stress.

And what problems might arise with higher milage printers?
The carriage actually has bronze bushings for the bottom rail that can have wear. But as you have new carriage it also comes with new bushings so...

Eventually as the machine gets older and used you will have random components fail but that is expected. Common breaking points for example that wont get replaced in the services include but not limited to:
- Roll table mounting points. Someone smashes a roll to the table and it will break the plastic.
- Cleaning cartridge rack motor. Pretty common with high mileage. (is incl. in SMK2)
- Roll motors/gears start to make noise which doesn't mean it will break but sometimes they do give up.
- Ink cartridge connectors (PIP). Quite common especially with the older models that have the old revision.
- etc.

I wouldn't really worry if it looks good. Just replace if something gives.
Just let them run as long as they work. Then it's time to scrap if something big comes up.

karst41

Keep Firm with the Service on these printers.
Clean and Lubricate OFTEN. BUY NYE Oil off Amazon.
Pay a HP Service Tech to come out and do the Big Maintenance Routines
Like Belt, Encoder, & Bushings. Along with a good inspection to tighten up what has worked Loose.
and remove the dust of the boards and motors. Yeah dont talk ish. You aint wanna no part of that.
it is a screaming hellish mess.

I made calculations a few years back and Pay attention. I dont care if HP agrees or not.

The Tagreted Life is pretty much a goal of 1000 rolls of 54"x 50 yards of PSA Vinyl.
If you slack up or cheese out on maint, and do the work you self?
Good Luck Bucko it Aints a gonna happen.

Our L26500 was done at 850 rolls but still more than good for Spot Jobs
How abouts that for a good long life?

Bell & Howell services my 560. They are reasonable with their rates.
Your F N printer makes you Money, dont cheese on the service. When serviced correctly
Is like having a brand new printer when they finish.