• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Lead free inks

WestcoastSigns

Had a customer ask if our inks were lead free. I said I would try to find out but seems harder to find out than I thought.

I had presumed no but now not sure if our printing inks do have lead in them like paint. We use the Eco-sol inks from Roland and can only find through marketing speak that they dont emit harmful VOC's.

Has anyone had to ask the question before or know?

Thx

Jack Knight1979

I've never seen lead on the MSDS. There is nickel in the yellow, I believe. You can get eco-sol max MSDS from roland's site to double check.

J

john1

I don't think there is but the yellow is the only ink that has a may cause cancer warning due to it having nickle.

WestcoastSigns

I've never seen lead on the MSDS. There is nickel in the yellow, I believe. You can get eco-sol max MSDS from roland's site to double check.

I've looked at MSDS sheets before for other information but afraid it may be called some type of chemical compound that I don't know means lead.

I've seen some people saying it's non toxic but don't know where they got that info. Does that mean you can drink it? :smile:
Didn't know nickel was bad for you. Have a few in my pocket.