• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Learn something new everyday

DoubleDown

So talking to a long time...long time tech in the field of the UV machines and previous and he said they actually use isopropyl to clean stubborn heads and have even used goo gone several times for severe ones.

Anyone ever use isopropyl to clean their UV heads or heard of this?

Mspec

IPA does work to break up cured ink on UV heads, I have seen people use goo-gone as well without doing any damage to the head itself. however if you use a product like GG note that it will soften the built up ink on the heads, and you must use care when cleaning that off in order to avoid smearing the newly softened gunk into previously unclogged jets.

Anytime you make use of a solvent to do an agressive cleaning, after you let it sit on the head for a while, purge some ink out of the head before you try and wipe anything off, the fresh ink should help move the gunk out of harms way before you wipe it away.

Thee are a lot of solvents out there that will clean off cured ink, just be mindful that some of these solvents can also attack the epoxy or laminate that was used to assemble your printhead in the first place. A shiny nozzle plate will do you no good if it is laying on your shops floor...