• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help LED Power supply help

ONLINE SIGN GUY

I am doing a inside sign that will be back lit by led lighting, the needed wattage is 54 watts but the distributor recommended 60 watts, we can not wire directly and need to use a battery pack, Im curious what options are either battery packs that run off of AA or 9 volt batteries or possible lithium or portable battery packs? What options do i have, I have researched online and cant find the right answers. Thank you in advance

ThatGuy

Google dc to ac inverter. You may be able to modify this. [h=1]NPower Pocket Power Inverter — 12 Volts, 60 Watts at Northern Tools[/h]

[h=1][/h]

Brian27

54 watts is a huge demand. That would drain a 12ah motorcycle battery in about an hour. 9 volt batteries wouldn't last more than a minute if it even turned them on at all.

12 (volts) x 54 (Watts) / 60 (minutes) = 10.8 That means it will completely drain a 10.8ah 12v battery in one hour. You need to hard wire it.