• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

LED Standoff Project

cwade440

First time using LED standoffs; these from Gyford. Very easy to use. The sign panel is laser etched on 1/4" acrylic then edge lit with side-firing LEDs that sit between the standoff barrel and cap on a disk. Backing board is 1/4" MDF sprayed matte black.

This sign is heading to the new Pinkham's Seafood Market in Boothbay, Maine.
unlit lob.jpg litlob.jpg

visual800

looks great! the ONLY issue I have is (and not that you asked) is the stand offs are too large and they are distracting and there is too many. other than that is rocks

cwade440

looks great! the ONLY issue I have is (and not that you asked) is the stand offs are too large and they are distracting and there is too many. other than that is rocks
Great point. Probably with change the backer board to something with hidden hardware that still gives me room to accommodate the wiring between that board and the wall.