• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help lef-300 raster art on acrylics help

kagekitsune

I'm having a small issue here where if I print raster artwork on an acrylic sheet it prints great BUT if I print 2 raster artwork with a white layer in between so both sides have different artwork (same dimensions) then for some reason only the black artwork lines are poking through from the first raster art. it's just the black line work the rest of the colors are perfectly flat on the layers. I've attached a example to show what I'm talking about. am I doing something wrong? all artwork only has 1 layer and no overprint settings. artwork is converted to pdf format for printing on versaworks.

Attachments

• 20220523_235822.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 84

Joe House

Looks like your printing a rich black, which uses 4 colors so there's more buildup in the black than the other colors. I don't know of an easy fix for a raster image. If this were vector art, you could specify the black to just use black ink. Someone else may have other ideas for the raster artwork though.

Good Luck

kagekitsune

Looks like your printing a rich black, which uses 4 colors so there's more buildup in the black than the other colors. I don't know of an easy fix for a raster image. If this were vector art, you could specify the black to just use black ink. Someone else may have other ideas for the raster artwork though.

Good Luck
you are probably right about this. there's got to be a way to keep that from happening. maybe a color profile? thanks for the tip