• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Let's Hear It

kapelskic

Hello Again Everyone,

Been awhile since I posted on here, but I recently realized how badly I was missing out on the opinions people provided on here. For anyone that remembers I started my freelance graphics company 2 years ago. Skip to today and we decided to change the name to something more professional that wasnt already taken by another business.

Anyways attached are our new logo and also how it was designed into the front of the business cards. Thanks in advance for the opinions/suggestions.

Chris

Attachments

• IDSLogo_Signs101.jpg
    IDSLogo_Signs101.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 180
  • IDS_BC_front_Signs101.jpg
    IDS_BC_front_Signs101.jpg
    737.9 KB · Views: 146

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
Gagging on the swoosh, not feeling the gear either. Looks corporate cliche'....
Did you do any looking around at other design company logos?

Rick pet peeve # 12,232:
Never liked "SOLUTIONS" on a business name.

fmg

Bad font, Swoosh is awful and going through the copy of text is a bad idea.The sun thing at the top of the i is not good either.
Sorry to sound harsh but you did post it!
At first glance I read Aids

kapelskic

Hey thanks for the quick replies guys! I guess the swoosh did come out a bit like that one shoe company didn't it. I never made that connection until now cause i just used the pen tool to draw it.

Thanks for all the comments, keep them coming!

CanuckSigns

I didn't mean the shoe company, there is a company around here that has almost that identical logo on their trucks, it's a big company too, just can't think of it right now to google.

ForgeInc

Hmmm...I would say push it more. Come up with a few alternative directions. I don't like the star/gear thing at all. What does it represent? Not wild about the font choice. Maybe try some custom letterforms on "IDS".

I DO like the boldness though. Push that more. Maybe make the IDS really bold and simple, and the type below a lighter weight font.

Not feeling the swoosh thing, especially how it simply cuts through the letters and the tiny tip of the "S" looks like it's gonna fall off.

Finally, are you set on the name? I'm not clear what you do. Do you do web design? Do you do kiosk/interface design? Do you write code for web graphic programs? Your logo needs to reinforce your company and company name in a conceptual way. This doesn't. You're KINDa getting at it with the idea of "movement" but push it some more, I think you can do better.

kapelskic

hey forge thanks for the comments. The gear along with the trail swoosh is meant to enforce the idea of interactive.

As for what we do, Everything. Web Design, Logos, Apps, Games, Vinyl, software...Everything. The name is a DBA that was already approved from the SOS office so we kind of have to use it now i suppose. Besides I think it does a good job of encompassing everything we do, no?

theoldguy

Where's da stuff?

!Fred1m.jpg
I'm surprised nobody has come forward with an example of something better. Maybe cuz it's too simple to do (?). I'll throw something together just so there's something else to look at and criticize.

Theoldguy_

Colin

Your draft is too anemic/weak. The swoosh has been done to death, and what does the tiny little dot communicate?

I don't particularly think this is all that great, but it's just something I threw together:

Attachments

• IDS.jpg
    IDS.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 146

Rick

That green thingy in the "S" looks like an alien shweenie... I see boob on the original concept

Colin

That green thingy in the "S" looks like an alien shweenie

How would you know that? (heh heh)

Reminds me of this:

It is told that the great Angelo, in decorating the church, painted some angels wearing sandals. A cardinal looking at the picture said to the artist: "Whoever saw angels with sandals?" Angelo answered with another question: "Whoever saw an angel barefooted?"

Rick

Oh i forgot to add... I occasionally forget, but I try to look for body parts in logos I design. Last thing I want is the logo showing up on a website mocking my efforts.

10sacer

Logo design

Am I the only one who first checks on Google Images before designing a logo?
Its a good way to see what other people have done with similar logos and a great way to not step into a copyright minefield by designing something that already exists or would be eerily similar.