• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Letter Art 9.5 Full software

Bairon

Hello all,

I'm new to this forum, my father makes signs on granite stones using graphtec plotter, recently his computer is playing up, he is very old fashioned and uses old computer wondows 98 which does the job for him but Hard drive is almost going, I tried to move him to windows XP but original Letter Art software is not working anymore so he is getting really worried, he does not want to use any other software, contacted the Symbol graphics but they are gone out of business.
Has anyone have information where else i can get that software from, I would really appreciate you help
Even the digital version

Thanks
Best
Bairon

WildWestDesigns

Not working for install or just plain not working even when trying to read from the disc? Reason why I ask, see about trying to extract from the disc to the harddrive (or external drive whatever).

I would try to do it via the command prompt/DOS prompt, why (before I get burned at the stake for suggesting a CLI method versus GUI) is that when trying to load things visually via Windows Explorer/Files whatever it's called now, there is a demand placed on the media. Windows wants to do things (thumbnails, indexing etc) that aren't really necessary for the core operation of copying the files and moving them elsewhere. So if the disc is somewhat off for all that, but can still be copied and moved elsewhere and used, that would give you the best chance for still retrieving the files.

If that is successful, after that I would run those retrieved files thru a disc burning software and creating an ISO image of it (make sure not to truncate file names) and most OSs will treat an ISO as a virtual disc drive. XP/Vista/7 would need a 3rd party software. 10 does this natively. I can't recall how 8 and 8.1 handles it though.

Bairon

Thanks for the reply, I tried to copy the files from CD using few different computers, CD is just not readable. I was hoping to copy and burn to another CD as you suggested. But never tried though command prompt/DOS prompt

WildWestDesigns

....But never tried though command prompt/DOS prompt

I would try. It still may be unreadable, but there is a chance that the reason that it's unreadable trying to go through Windows Explorer is that it's trying to do other things that are not related to what you are needing to do and it could be failing along those lines. It still might be totally trash, but as a hail mary, I would try that.

I would suggest burning to an ISO though, which is just a digital compressed file (with a very specific spec). It's essentially a CD Image. You can still burn it to another disc if you want later on via the ISO, but giving that it's getting harder and harder to get computers with builtin drives, I would suggest this method, plus it's good as a backup as well. Just don't truncate file names, you'll get a warning msg when file names are too long and just ignore it. If you truncate file names, the installer will be looking for an exact name, not the truncated name, so it won't be able to find it. Because of that, I would also suggest using Disc Burning Software instead of just compression software as disc burning software will warn you and allow you to choose, regular compression software (at least the ones I have dealt with) will give no warning and just truncate for you.