• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Letter Board Assembly

D4rkmap

We are trying to get into letter board assembly and simply put we are struggling to figure out how to do this. The one job we have right now is the tracks on ACM. The tracks are the Gemini Tracks from Grimco which recommend using WELD-ON 3 or 4. This is where the struggle is because no matter how I coat the panel and the tracks with the WELD-ON 3 they just pop off when I test them after curing. My thought is there is something I am missing because outside of just riveting it together which is something we want to avoid with this particular job due to the client wanting a "Clean" look I am kind of at a loss at what I am doing wrong. Any and all advice would is appreciated.

weyandsign

WELD-ON is for bonding acrylic to acrylic or some other plastic. Not for bonding to aluminum. I would recommend using stainless painted screws, or painted rivets. You could also try LEXEL clear adhesive, but I would still use at least a few mechanical fasteners just in case.

Johnny Best

Yea your using that on ACM. It is made for plastic to plactic bonding. Drill holes and use pop rivets, paint the rivets to match background for clean look.

ProSignTN

Drill holes thru your ACM but not not the track. This will allow adhesive (Lexel or equivalent) to push thru the ACM and the "mushroom" created will serve as a throw fastener.