• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

LHF - The $1000 font (Take a look, good read)

jiarby

Bob's a moron

If he did a layout for a customer and then the customer shopped the proof he'd be bitching like hell about what a lowlife the other guy was for STEALING his design... One's & Zero's all laid out in toner on a slice of dead tree

Times have NOT changed...

Stealing is still stealing.

Regarding the original post...
The font moron DID violate his licensing agreement... but what is the penalty for that?? He is NOT likely responsible for illegally downloaded copies. Even if he did it himself LHF's recourse would be a cease & desist and the take him to court to get a judgement. The cannot arbitrarily asses damages themselves and actually risk a libel/slander suit from the offending font buyer and the MYSTERY TRADE SHOP.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
That's a comparion of tangbile with intangible theft. Yes, they're both theft, but you can count it the same way.

Piracy is rampant, because it's too easy. In my teenage years I filled up with music I would never have listened to, some I never got around to listening to it. I just grabbed it cause it was there during my time wasting expeditions. Alot of people that pirate photoshop don't do it out of necessity or intend to use it for it's purpose. They just have it because they can.

Does that mean that record label lost out on the sales of music I grabbed, or that adobe lost on sales from joe blow who has photoshop on their computer for no reason other than to have it on there?

Piracy has huge numbers of distributed copies I agree wholeheartedly, but actual "lost sales" is smaller number, depending on the data in question.

Bottom line ... tossing out all the different ways to guesstimate the loss, piracy and file sharing definitely bites into my wallet and anyone else that produces unprotected software. Whatever the amount, it is there and it hurts.