• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Life span of the HP 360 and 365

MNT_Printhead

Working among the Corporate Lizard People
I haven't been able to find any information on how long these printers should last / how much media they can print before they start to die. I have been having a magnitude of issues with both my 360 and 365 since February and have had a tech out multiple times, but issues keep coming up each time one thing improves or is fixed.

The 360 was bought in 2014 and has printed 283,146 sq/ft
The 365 was bought in 2019 and has printed 183,304 sq/ft

I am thinking if I can't get these work around 90% or more of how they were new I may need to replace one. My 360 has started trying to cut when prints, with the knife dropping each time it reach the end caps.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
I'd say around 500,000sq/ft then you start getting into doing the SMK#1 and replacing more and more parts. Seen many units getting there and then replaced.

Just take out the cutter it's like one screw or replace it. I don't think it costs much.

MNT_Printhead

I appreciate your response. Both printers have had SMK#1 done with the 365 most recent about 1 a year or more ago.

I didn't think of taking out the cutter, I am going to do that.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
I appreciate your response. Both printers have had SMK#1 done with the 365 most recent about 1 a year or more ago.

I didn't think of taking out the cutter, I am going to do that.
You had SMK#3 done. You get that done about 4 times and then you get to #1

MNT_Printhead

Ah! You are correct. I also realized the 360's out put is only from 2019 when I installed Onyx.

iladi

316,750.30 ft² and 284,469.24 ml of ink since 2017. But it is a 310 machine. 3 SMk3, one belt and some o-rings on Optimizer line. 93% to SMK1 (85% last year, same time). Still prints good but I am in doubt if do the SMK1 or pay for a brand new 40610.