• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Light Adhesive Vinyl?

Skillsaw

I have a buddy that has a mustang he enters in car shows. He drives the car to the show, instead of hauling in a trailer. He is looking for something (either clear or the color of the car) that he can put on the car behind the rear tires and on the front of the car to protect it. Something that he can just peel off when he gets to the car show. I didn't know if they made anything like this or not, he is wanting something with a low tac (if possible). Did a quick search and didn't find anything here or anywhere online. TIA

there is paint protective film but it is high dollar if you are looking for a cost effective solution that can be easily removed after each transport you might experiment with the old trick of taking a pair of jeans or a t-shirt and gently applying it to the backside of the vinyl prior to application, i know many people who use this technique for protecting glass when they need to remove the vinyl within a couple days or to make sandblast mask/or vinyl used for the same purpose easier to remove.

G-Artist

Body shops use a "wrap" of clear self-stick material that would be almost perfect.

They use to to keep out the elements for autos in their yard while waiting for parts or the
insurance underwriters to make a decision. Not cheap but he will only need but a roll.

I used to have the name of it plus a local distributor but that data is among the missing now
that the wife is having me remodel and everything is in unlabeled boxes...sorry.

diamondavenue

it will look somewhat odd, but tell him to get some shipping wrap, and wrap around the lower portion of the car. it will protect it during transport, and is easy to remove,