• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Linearization Curve, Delta-E vs Luminance

Saturn

Aging Member
I've read that while profiling in Flexi (and I assume elsewhere) that when it comes time for feedback from the linearization charts, Luminance is the best guide for CMK (darker colors), and Delta E better for yellow.

However, I've also read and seen stuff that appear to show folks only basing things on the Delta E curve... big difference if you've ever compared the two.

I have created some great profiles in CMYK using Luminance for the dark colors myself, but as I attempt to profile the 80600 (CMYKcmkOR) I am second guessing my assumptions. Without getting too technical, can anyone give me their opinion on using the two linearization curve chart options in Flexi for specific colors? I don't believe you can get a nice smooth arc in both at the same time...

ColorCrest

All around shop helper.
I recommend your time could be better spent getting to know your Onyx software. Print the Onyx quality evaluation file and, if that appears excellent, then all is well and you can get to work.