• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Liquid lam problem

jk signs

Hello everyone, I bought a Hp 335 latex recently and the salesperson told me I could liquid lam
Which I have done for years with my older Mimaki Jv 33 , come to find out the liquid lam is peeling off the the vinyl after I premask. I am using Avery 2105 and laminating with Clearshield and a foam roller. I am getting nowhere with the salesman from Grimco,
Told me I had to do test runs,....thanks a lot

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
Its likely the clearshield doest grab enough on the latex inks. We only do large banners or flex faces with liquid....any sticker is roll lam.

sardocs

We don't have problems with transfer tape causing clearshield to separate from the print as long as we print on matte vinyl. I don't print latex though, we only have an eco-sol machine.

studio10

We also have problems with transfer tape causing clearshield to separate from the print on glossy vinyl, when use print&contur cutt combination, ecosolvent ink. We tried everything: print on different ecosol machine (Epson, Mimaki, Mutoh), longer drying, change liquid laminate, change transfer tape...Nothing helps.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
We also have problems with transfer tape causing clearshield to separate from the print on glossy vinyl, when use print&contur cutt combination, ecosolvent ink. We tried everything: print on different ecosol machine (Epson, Mimaki, Mutoh), longer drying, change liquid laminate, change transfer tape...Nothing helps.

What flavor of Clear Shield are you using? If it's not Classic [used to be called Original Formula] there can be problems. Also, how long are you letting the Clear Shield cure before you mask it? Should be at LEAST a day. Lastly, are you letting stuff sit around masked and how hard are you putting down the mask? I always mask coated prints immediately before applying and when masking, use a light touch to put down the mask.

studio10

Thanks for help. We use ClearShield Classic. Leave the print and ClearShield to dry for two days each. For masking use Oratape, try pvc and paper. For masking use laminator, also try with reduced pressure. I also mask immediately before applying. When I can, I leave a white outline around the cut objects, 2-3mm. Notice that ClearShield has better adhesion on white pvc, without print. Sometimes, when we are finish with the application completely, and start with removal pvc transfer tape, we spray the transfer tape from the inside when peeling it off. We use water with soap, and notice that it is easier to peel off pvc transfer and prevent ClearShield to separate from the print. Next job, I`ll try Triangle liquid laminate and give some feedback.