• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Liquid laminate for 3mIJ 35c

My new shop bought a liquid laminator to replace their old broken down sheet laminator. Makes sense in a lot of ways but mostly because we mainly laminate pre-printed solid panels.
Occasionally we need to laminate printed vinyl and they are very fond of the 3m IJ 35c. It laminates the vinyl OK but is it really a good idea in general?

I liquid laminate by hand. Not sure if it's the same concept or not, but I've had no problems with it on oracal 3751 printed vinyl. I do premask before applying to substrate though as the vinyl will stretch more than if it was hard laminated.
By the way, did your old laminator have a 54" roller? I might be interested in roller if so.

I liquid laminate by hand. Not sure if it's the same concept or not, but I've had no problems with it on oracal 3751 printed vinyl. I do premask before applying to substrate though as the vinyl will stretch more than if it was hard laminated.
By the way, did your old laminator have a 54" roller? I might be interested in roller if so.
Thanks for the input. Unfortunately the old laminator is long gone.

MikePatterson

Head bathroom cleaner.
I have an old 54in laminator. The bottom roller has a slight cut in it. It still runs good and would work for an application machine for hard substrates. I just bought a new one when the employee ran his olfa knife across it.
You pick it up or arrange shipping and you can have it.