• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Locking Print HEad For Shipping

PLECKO

Hello All,

I'm moving my SP540v, and was informed I need to lock print head with blue metal piece on back, however, I'm not finding any instructions in user guide. Can somone help a mental midget, and tell me where this thing goes......and any other advice on moving one.

Thanks,
Tom Pleck

Ken

Yeah, I've got the little blue thingy sitting in the bottom of the drawer here from my sp300..I remember when It was delivered by a certified Roland guy..there was a lot of fiberglass tape also to be removed...How far is it being shipped? If it's just cross town, I'd just tape it up and go slow in the truck. Dont forget to remove the waste ink bottle..there should also be a plug for that. Fill the lines with cleaning fluid.
Consult an expert....cinemasignsgraphics..a member here, can prob answer these questions.
Ken

PLECKO

Yeah, I'm taking it 20 miles down the road. My dealer said (late Friday night, so they were closed by the time I looked in manual for blue thing location) just put that on print head and not to worry about flushing lines, just bottle.
Thanks

TheSnowman

When we moved to our new shop, it was only about a 20 minute haul too. We don't have a Roland, but they told us to just duct tape the Mimaki head in place, and that would work fine.

There are 2 groves that slide over the outer parts of the print & cutting carriage where they meet - then the white thumb screw too the platen. I swap full carts for empties , Drain the waste bottle , lock the head. there's no need to drain the ink if it's a short trip & you can keep it fairly level.