• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Lol, saw this on the road

ironchef

How on earth are people putting up signs like this? I have to believe that the truck driver must have done it. Any one see signs like this around town, share. Lol

Attachments

• image-984199368.jpg
    image-984199368.jpg
    319.5 KB · Views: 123

Craig Sjoquist

& ya wonder why after 30 years of me listening to ...vinyl shop people.. BASH painted signs why I like to feed it back once in a while.

When all it takes is tape & ruler..... course ya got to know how to read it

CanuckSigns

& ya wonder why after 30 years of me listening to ...vinyl shop people.. BASH painted signs why I like to feed it back once in a while.

When all it takes is tape & ruler..... course ya got to know how to read it

Live never heard anyone on here bash hand painted signs, not sure where you got that from.

Lets face it, 30 years ago there were just as many hacks with a paintbrush as there are today with vinyl plotters & printers. Issues like this are not a vinyl vs paint issue, it's a terrible install issue.

Craig Sjoquist

Watson ....no people on here do not I repeat do not bash hand painted signs

& yes there where & still are hacks as far as hand painted signs, now days mostly people learning how.

As far as numbers go ..before there was about 1 in 35,000 people were sign painters & we did not do as much as is done today for a single business as is done today of numbers closer to 200+ every 35,000 people are vinyl shops.
Example 6 shops within 2 miles 12 add 3 more miles easy ... I know less then 5 people that even touch a brush with 30 miles they are all better then myself when & if they do, now mostly pinstriping.

Where have I heard this bashing ..just about every sale I go that is new, the other sign company said hearing ,,,paint fades, painted signs are dead, painted signs are this & that blah blah blah the list goes on & on, how about people that work in shops same ol same ol ...most of this was heard in earlier years like since 1985 when it really took hold & this industry started it's down hill slide... Why do I say that seen vinyl sign shops do work like that or worse & they have all the great & fancy tools NOT to. Still sees it so this bad install is nothing new. Yes hopefully truck driver did this.

Lets not forget how ugly vinyl signs look after a few years cracking, fading print 3 years, shrinking, falling apart, no matter who does it & cost has dropped like a rock in water.

It is a challenge for anyone that knows how to create a quality advertisement & bid against somebody that likes pushing buttons & has never gone to school for the trade much less has or acquired training somehow, but can run a business somehow.

Seeing all this vinyl garbage for the last 30 years when myself between school, study, real concern for best I can do, then seeing a sign that reads worse then a book, or a $6,000 wrap that ya had no idea what it said or what it was about on 100 different wraps to one that looks great....& ya wonder why.

Hand painted sign or vinyl is not just letters on a board it is advertisement be a no parking or a wrap & it is for the benefit of the customer needs.

Excuse the rant, the subject was the extremely poor install that seems to do more harm then good in this case or at best a joke.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Here is one I caught a few weeks back. When you are terrified of splitting a number over a seam but still want it sorta centered, just add another dash and some extra space! :banghead:

Attachments

• 0919121247.jpg
    0919121247.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 144