• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Looking at getting a printer

nssignguy

I currently have a Roland VP-540v and a Gerber Edge 2 and Edge FX. Due to the limitations and costs to run the gerbers and the age of the Roland I am looking at a printer that will replace both of these units with one. They all are working fine but it would be nice to trade up maybe. We do a lot of printing on 5 and 10 mil Lexan materials for industrial customers so I need to have at least a machine that can do white as well as maybe metallic silver. I only have a 24" plotter and would need to upgrade that as well. I know the flatbeds are good but they are pricey and I don't have the room for those.

Let me know what you think. Thanks!

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Take a look at the Mimaki UCVJ300 (printer cutter) or UJV100 (printer only). They are UV based, have white and clear ink if you want, and they are solid machines.

darinmcd

Premium Subscriber
The HP800W is a great machine that can run white. Not sure of a printer that will run metallic silver but one that runs varnish can give highlights to certain parts of the print

AlsEU

It may be difficult to find a printer that prints metallic silver, as the nozzles in the printheads are very small and metallic pigment could block them. Clear (varnish) could give the gloss finish (also selective), which is not the same, but it's available in many printers.

karst41

I currently have a Roland VP-540v and a Gerber Edge 2 and Edge FX. Due to the limitations and costs to run the gerbers and the age of the Roland I am looking at a printer that will replace both of these units with one. They all are working fine but it would be nice to trade up maybe. We do a lot of printing on 5 and 10 mil Lexan materials for industrial customers so I need to have at least a machine that can do white as well as maybe metallic silver. I only have a 24" plotter and would need to upgrade that as well. I know the flatbeds are good but they are pricey and I don't have the room for those.

Let me know what you think. Thanks!
There is a Facebook group for HP Latex printers, being that you said White Ink. This would be a High Value Group as you Will Be considering the HP Printers that rip white. The white printers have been an interesting topic, but have wound down a bit. However its a bit like a Train Wreck in that its fun to go around the block and take another look.