• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Looking at the Epson SureColor S60600

Constantine

Hello everyone.

I wanted to get thoughts about the SC S60600, as we're looking at adding it to our shop. We do a lot of vehicle wraps and graphics as well as banners and signs. How does it do printing these items? Also, should I stick with double CMYK configuration or look at adding one of the other colors to the color tray?

Thanks in advance.
Constantine Pappas
C & K Designs, LLC

jfiscus

Rap Master
Get it. We have two and will be adding a third soon enough once one of the older 70600 series printers die.
Stick with dual CMYK, they fly and the colors will last. The Non-CMYK colors will fade and you'll hardly ever need white or silver inks. You can outsource that if you need it.
We print wraps all day long, but they also print on every other substrate out there.

Constantine

Get it. We have two and will be adding a third soon enough once one of the older 70600 series printers die.
Stick with dual CMYK, they fly and the colors will last. The Non-CMYK colors will fade and you'll hardly ever need white or silver inks. You can outsource that if you need it.
We print wraps all day long, but they also print on every other substrate out there.
Great! Thanks for the reply. Glad to hear we're looking at a good machine. We're coming over from being a Roland owner and hope Epson is better to work with than Roland. Thanks, also, for the color information. Didn't know the non CMYK colors faded so quickly. As for whites and silvers, I agree with you. In 11 years of business, we've only been asked 3 times for something that involved white ink.

Thanks again.
Constantine Pappas
C & K Designs, LLC

CanuckSigns

Great! Thanks for the reply. Glad to hear we're looking at a good machine. We're coming over from being a Roland owner and hope Epson is better to work with than Roland. Thanks, also, for the color information. Didn't know the non CMYK colors faded so quickly. As for whites and silvers, I agree with you. In 11 years of business, we've only been asked 3 times for something that involved white ink.

Thanks again.
Constantine Pappas
C & K Designs, LLC
We have the S80600 and it's great! we also came from a Roland only setup and the Epson blows every roland out of the water in speed and print quality!

Ours has the red & orange ink, and while it's nice to have it's not crucial, if I had to replace it now I would get the 60600, it's a bit of a PITA stocking 9 different ink colours!

Constantine

We have the S80600 and it's great! we also came from a Roland only setup and the Epson blows every roland out of the water in speed and print quality!

Ours has the red & orange ink, and while it's nice to have it's not crucial, if I had to replace it now I would get the 60600, it's a bit of a PITA stocking 9 different ink colours!
Good to hear. The consensus is to stick with the Dual CMYK, as that sounds like the best route.

Thank you.

DAVID MARSHALL

Epson S60600 is a beast. Print speed is astounding, beautiful print quality, great media handling and colour gamut to die for. Is this the perfect printer?

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
The S60600 is only available in dual CMYK. You can only option additional channels in the S80600.
Beast of a machine though... if you don't need the extra gamut, it's a no-brainer. Excellent quality at lightning speeds.

DAVID MARSHALL

The S60600 is only available in dual CMYK. You can only option additional channels in the S80600.
Beast of a machine though... if you don't need the extra gamut, it's a no-brainer. Excellent quality at lightning speeds.
We are fully colour managed and cut our own profiles in house. We know from our measurements that the four colour CMYK of our S60600 makes our six colour Roland XR-640 look sad. Not even on the same planet. The Epson is the perfect beast.

hybriddesign

owner Hybrid Design
I’m about to pull the trigger on a S80600 and was going to go for the additional color channels but no white ink. I like the idea of being able to print pretty much any color but is the consensus just to go with dual cmyk? We’re printing pretty much everything from apparel htv to banners, stickers and car wraps and it’s replacing an old 4 color Roland. We also have a mimaki jv160 right now too.

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
We've had an S80600 for over 3 years and wouldn't trade it for anything else. It's fast enough for us (most of the time) and output is always spectacular. Some will say to be careful with the additional colours (red/orange) but we're still yet to see fading on prints done 3 years ago.
We have separate profiles that exclude those colours if we really want to ensure long term lifespan.

jfiscus

Rap Master
I’m about to pull the trigger on a S80600 and was going to go for the additional color channels but no white ink. I like the idea of being able to print pretty much any color but is the consensus just to go with dual cmyk? We’re printing pretty much everything from apparel htv to banners, stickers and car wraps and it’s replacing an old 4 color Roland. We also have a mimaki jv160 right now too.
Do a demo at your local dealer's between the two models. A 60600 will blow it out of the water with speed and your customers will be more than fine with the color. We print mostly wraps and have no issues matching colors. The extra speed allows you to get it printed faster, so it can start drying so that you can laminate it sooner. (and get more rolls printed in a day) I'd definitely recommend sticking with the dual CMYK over the extra costs involved with maintaining ink colors that you rarely use, as even without using them the printer has to keep the heads firing during cleaning so you go through cartridges.

Constantine

Thanks, everyone for the replies. I pulled the trigger today on the S60 and am excited to get it here. How are you all powering this? I just noticed that it needs 2 110V plugs. Are you splitting the electricity between two different circuits or plugging both plugs into the same surge protector? I have 20A in the circuit the Roland is plugged into. I see the Epson takes 20A. I have a plug from another circuit just on the other side of the wall and can plug one of them in there if I need more amperage. This would give me 35A (15A to one plug and 20A to the other). Thoughts?

Thanks.

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
I think our S80 pulls around 1500w (while starting the heaters) then tapers off when warmed up so 110V/20A should be enough. We run both of our plugs on the same circuit, albeit 220V/10A which is exactly the same rating as yours (2200W).

Constantine

I think our S80 pulls around 1500w (while starting the heaters) then tapers off when warmed up so 110V/20A should be enough. We run both of our plugs on the same circuit, albeit 220V/10A which is exactly the same rating as yours (2200W).
OK, thanks. When using the (2) 110V outlets, the specs show the machine pulls 20A and when using the 220V supply, they say the machine pulls 10A. I should be OK regardless, as I have two circuits close by if I have to break it up so as not to trip a circuit breaker.

hybriddesign

owner Hybrid Design
Thanks for the advice. We’re in Hawaii and order pretty much everything site unseen. Just got a kornit dtg printer and that was a crazy thing to order because with something that big we would have flown to demo it but with covid…

going with the s60 and finally upgrading to onyx from our factory rips so we can integrate our Zund and vinyl cutter all on the same workflow

curious on if we’re going to have to add more ventilation as we moved to Bordeaux inks in our mimaki since the mimaki ss21 odor was so potent and the epson sounds like it’s fast dry times might make the fumes pretty bad.