• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

looking for a inexpensive and or beginner wrap (as forgiving as possible)

depps74

I am new to wrapping. I have explored 3M, and Orafol products. I have a car I'd like to practice on until I am proficient. I am looking for vendor or product recommendations as I have only come up with these 2 so far and I know there are more from the trade shows I have been to but I lost all my catalogs I collected years ago.

AGCharlotte

Briteline would be a "cheap" option to get started... all of them have their quirks (heat, tackiness, stretch, etc.) though so you may have a little learning to do once you decide to move on to the premium lines.

truckgraphics

For color change, 3M Economy wrap (black only) is inexpensive, but not for a lot of curves. (It's calendared.)

For easy and good and not cheap, I like Avery SW 900.

brentjosker

try the new arlon slx+ it has low initial tack which will allow you to work with it, screw up and start over. and the wrap kit combo you pick up at fellers is at a good selling point, cheaper then the 3M or 1105. I myself like the Avery 1105, no issues and you dont have to prime like the 3M. And from past issues trying to get 3M to warranty their product is like pulling teeth.

johnnysigns

I think the Avery stuff's the easiest to hang personally. Is this for a color change or a printed commercial wrap?

rydods

Member for quite some time.
Practice with calendared wrap vinyl first then move up to cast, especially for a customer's vehicle. I've always felt it's like a guitarist starting out on an acoustic then transitioning to an electric guitar. Night and day difference.

natallica

Graphics Guru
I agree on the aforementioned Arlon SLX and Brightline products...they work very well for printable materials and they're easier on the wallet.
I'd also like to throw in KPMF for color change film. Just did an install on my 89 Chrysler Conquest TSi.
First time working with it and as far as installation goes, it worked out awesome. Very easy to apply, and looks awesome.

-N8

Attachments

• 20211119_102009.jpg
    20211119_102009.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 123