• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

looking for a printer for 2 sides static

bigben

Hi,

I'm looking for a printer to make double sided static and/or vinyl decals. Does the summa DC4 would be my best bet? If not, what would you recommend and why?

Thanks.

bigben

And do you know how I can calculate an approximative price per square foot for the ink cost?

For example CMYK, CMYK+W+CMYK, spot color, etc.

Is it more expensive than solvent?

Thanks.

bigben

Here is a post on another forum for a price calculator, you the cost for ribbons is higher than ink!

thank you for the link. So if my calculation is right, printing cmyk on regular vinyl cost around 2$/sqft of material and ink? Am I right?

S

Stan B

solvent may do POOR, faded, semi-opaque 2 layer (white+color) but not 3 (color+white+color). For strong 2 or 3 layer you need something more opaque than solvent - ribbon or UV. After you review summa samples, Roland UV printer may be your best 2nd bet.

signage

Usually you need more than CYMK +w then other side. You usually need a blocking color so it end up being CYMK+W+Gray+W+CYMK. All inks are translucant so you see what is on the other side when using just white.

bigben

Usually you need more than CYMK +w then other side. You usually need a blocking color so it end up being CYMK+W+Gray+W+CYMK. All inks are translucant so you see what is on the other side when using just white.

Ok, so then does it would me less expensive to print miror on static and "laminate" with a white vinyl using a "regular" printer like a solvent or latex? Does the static material will still hold down?