• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Looking for input: pad print? screen? flatbed?

natedawg9640

I am trying to arrange a way to inexpensively produce business cards an an alternative substrate. The guy want's Brass business cards. and I have a few other substrates to use as well. What will be my best route? I am considering pad printing, screening, and flatbed.

the problem with said options are the runs will not be overly large, nor will they be the same over and over, so the setups will be too expensive to make it affordable (as the materials are already exponentially higher than cardstock)

I though about having card blanks waterjet cut, or cnc'd and just printing decals on the edgeII to apply over them, but if anyone has a contact or something to offer suggestion-wise, let me know. thanks!

Pro Image

I go with a edge print on clear and applied to the blanks for short run orders......Next would be screenprint them.........

G-Artist

Don't try and re-invent the wheel. Just too costly.

Broker them from companies that already do that.

Google metal or brass business cards.

natedawg9640

well unfortunatly, one of the substrates I'll be marketing is rather rare in the business card field. one of the only places that sells them is in europe and they charge $1,400 for 100 cards. no that's not a typo.

i think maybe the edge printed versions will be the most cost effective for now.

J Hill Designs

Are you talking other than brass? I googled brass business cards and found them at $400 for 500 of them...cheaper as you go up in quantity of course...doesn't even appear to be wholesale...

maybe you are looking for titanium or something also?

well instead of guessing what this mystery material is ... how about letting us know.

if it is small runs an overlay may be an option but it would look hokey in my opinion and it sounds like these guys want something unique and of quality..if they want something unique and of quality it is going to cost and there are many people who will pay whatever it costs for a unique quality product. if that is this customer give them a quote to do it correctly whatever that method is for the material, the art, the artwork, etc.

i have seen people engrave brass plates for business cards that looked amazing at about $4 a piece!!! ouch

it just depends on the quantities involved. if you have to work on a variety of materials but the sheet sizes are the same screenprinting is an option, but if the artwork is involved throw them on a flatbed..again there are so many variables here that we are just speculating unless you can provide all of the information needed.

natedawg9640

lol... sorry, prepreg cast carbon kevlar.

the problem is that it's a difficult material to cut... eats die, crusty edges with cnc, shatters with regular paper shear. next on my test list is waterjet.