• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Looking for Software Alternatives

Salagra

Hello Everyone!
We have a few HP 315 printers and Summa/Hp plotters. We currently use Flexi 22 (subscription) for basic layout and the production manager for RIP/Printing from our main computer. Lately the production manager has been running super slowly and doing odd things. When browsing files to open it is super "laggy" and we get constant lockup/crashes when opening files. Also nesting used to work fine with it and now we have issue after issue with it. The computer we are using is new and we put added 32 memory into it as well. I was hoping for some suggestions as to why all of a sudden this may be happening and also what other software options we might consider. We have been using Flexi for years and have some other computers running either the bundled HP Print & Cut versions of the software or we have a few older full software versions as well. We chose our main computer for the subscription service because we figured it would be up to date all the time and hopefully work the best due to this fact, but currently we are very unhappy with Production manager. Thanks in Advance for any input.

iladi

Latex 310 & Summa 120D combo here. Flexi (subscription) user for a few years but getting tired of the bugs. An attempt at Onyx GO, but I hate the workflow. Now I'm using Print Factory (subscription, also) and I am super happy with it.

A very good layout tool, the best I have till now (also a Wasatch user old days), very fast render in the RIP module, very-very good color management. Also not to expensive.

Medina Signs

Old Member
I agrre with Sign Factory. You might also re-install PM, but maybe put the anti virus on pause. I've had to reinstall PM a few times, it's not to bad.

GaSouthpaw

Profane and profane accessories.
As mentioned, I'd suspect hardware. If that's not the case, you're on a subscription plan- pester the ever-loving #$*% out of them until it's fixed.

Salagra

Thanks to everyone for the input. We have been using Flexi for years and actually do like it, it's just the last few months of the subscription service and their customer support that is lacking. I appreciate the suggestions and will be trying some of the suggested alternatives.

tulsagraphics

Another possible hardware issue (I experienced this recently). If your CPU cooler isn't doing it's job (or even if it's got a liquid cooler and the pump is starting to fail), the built in CPU protection will throttle the CPU clock speed to prevent overheating. If that's the case, you'll need to check your system using a hardware monitoring tool (an app might be available from your MOBO mgfr, or you can use 3rd party tools to inspect).