• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Looking for suggestions

Fearyn

Hi! I’m completely new to UV printing.

I run an embroidery shop.

I’m looking to add UV printing to my shop. I would actually be mostly interested in printing on cattle ear tags.

I wasn’t sure if I should look for a smaller flat bed or if it was more worth my money to get a larger machine that I could also print small(ish) signs with (Like 2ft wide or so).

For some reason I’m having a lot more trouble educating myself on UV printers than I did when I was researching what embroidery machine was best for me. I am just looking for a point in the right direction as far as machines to look into, or any other advice. Thanks!

2B

Are you trying to start into this Niche market or already have customers asking for this? Google search is showing these are already online
Are the customers providing the ear tags or are you? Ear tags with pesticides / insect repellent will NOT take inks
How long are you wanting these to last?
The ear tags I use are "branded" meaning the number is "melted" into the tag and filled with paint

contact your local equipment dealer and send them ear tags and have them test print, then start using to see how they hold up

Fearyn

I already sell ear tags with HTV, enough that I’m working on them almost daily. I was thinking UV printed would last longer.

Fearyn

I have considered a laser engraver for engraved tags too, but people love the colorful custom ear tags like the vinyl customized tags.

Raghaus

I have a small Mimaki flatbed UV machine and I have only ONE regret - not getting the larger version up. The difference in price is totally negligible in hindsight, as this machine is insanely versatile and pays for itself every single month. I seriously wish I could print larger.

Get the biggest machine you can fit into your shop and the best your money can buy.

Stacey K

I like making signs
You use HTV? You could use a vinyl like Convex and it would probably last longer than printing, IMO. Can I ask why you don't use vinyl?

Justin Donnelly

I have the Xante's X16 and it's a good little machine it can print on taller items which makes it unique and it has a small foot print and it's less then a year old and. I am getting out of the sign business and have one for sale I paid 32K and trying to sell for 24K. It is currently being sold by ATLANTIC GRAPHIC SYSTEMS, INC. in MD. 804.867.5095 ask for Andrew and tell him Justin referred you.