• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Looking in the wrong place for registration marks - HP Latex 365 / 64 Plus Combo with Flexi 22

tommysigns

I have a recurring issue when printing larger jobs where the plotter will read the HP barcode, sense the 1st registration mark (bottom right) then start looking for the 2nd registration mark about 3-5 inches past the 2nd registration mark. It will scan in circles until it fails and then returns to the origin. If I attempt to place the sensor manually after it fails it will then start trying to scan the left side of the media, then fail. (HP Prime Gloss CP)

I can be printing fine all day, then get to a larger job (200+ copies of 3 inch circles) and no amount of resetting will get it to find the mark. I've uninstalled and reinstalled Flexi, and done a factory reset on the printer. Saving the file as a new name and then reprinting sometimes works, but it is wasting a ton of media.

Any ideas on what to try next to find this gremlin?

JMass007

I've experienced the same issue on my setup before, bloody infuriating when you've run a full 45m and find out you won't be able to cut the jobs.
I did the same, uninstall, reinstall, added no value.
I then moved onto the Windows firewall, AV, and my network setup, one of the 3 resolved the issue, I suspect it was the AV (Kaspersky).
You'll immediately see if the output cut-file is "corrupted", it receives a # + numeral (eg: HotWheels Party Label _Nested_10398_10156187857 #1) at the end of the cut file string in PM.
It's at that moment that he realised he ... up.