• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Lost Cyan channel

Chavo

Hello everyone!

I have a Roland VS 640i, Lc, Lk, Lm.

For some time, a drop of cyan appears on the print head. Especially visible in the morning before printing, but subsequently also during printing. After that, cleaning fluid also started to appear (one channel has such fluid). I couldn't figure out what the service technician did, but after his intervention, cyan was lost. So I was left with a dripping head, clogged cyan, and a dramatic breakup with the service technician. I myself replaced the damper (Cyan and Lk), and captop. Damper - OEM, Captop - from “Digiprintsupplies”. I followed all the instructions, ran a choke cleaner and got a perfect result. After about 2-3 square meters, the cyani disappeared by 50%. After multiple cleanings (including Poverfull). The result is worse - 10-20%

Does anyone have any idea what I can do.

O, I use not OEM inks but I use them from 10 years and no any problems.

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_6036.jpeg
    IMG_6036.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 223

Zoogee World

Domed Promotional Product Supplier
Looks like your head is dripping, which usually means damage to the head. I hate to say it, but most likely a new head will be needed, as for the other issue, is there ink in the damper? A new head may clear up both problems, as the dripping could be causing the damper to empty quicker then it can replenish. Could just be an air leak in the lines, but I doubt it.

Chavo

I hate to hear it :) Moreover, the head is 6-7 months old (about 80 million shots). There is ink in the damper, but as of today, the black channel, which is on a separate damper, also started to disappear.
I ordered a ОЕМ captop. I don't think of anything else to do if it doesn't fix after I replace it.

Last edited:

Zoogee World

How old is the cap top? The cap top wouldn't cause the dripping, that is most likely from a head strike, but it could affect pulling of the inks.

Chavo

Cap top is 6-7 months old. I replaced it, but not with an original one. I ordered an ОЕМ one

Zoogee World

Cap tops are usually rated about 6 months, but as mentioned, I don't think it's the major problem, that head shouldn't be dripping, the only things I'm aware that can cause that are a head strike/damage or in very rare instances the seals on the dampers failed. But once you replace the cap top, see what you get, as it would be the cheapest fix. I only say that as in case that isn't dripping, but rather ink that was sitting in the cap top and not draining.

SlikGRFX

I would probably replace the other dampers before the head. Which channel is the cleaning solution paired with?

We have a spare used print head here if you need it. Please PM me if you are interested.

Chavo

Оnce i change captop, i will report the result. Do you think I can put a head from Mutoh 426 UF. It's the same DX6? (I think)? This is actually the head the VS 640i was running with before I replaced it. Now it works on Mutoh 426 uf.
First - I'll replace captop, then will exchange print heads (if it's possible), dampers etc.
I'll let you know what happens!
Thanks everybody!

Last edited:

Zoogee World

Оnce i change captop, i will report the result. Do you think I can put a head from Mutoh 426 UF. It's the same DX6? (I think)? This is actually the head the VS 640i was running with before I replaced it. Now it works on Mutoh 426 uf.
First - I'll replace captop, then will exchange print heads (if it's possible), dampers etc.
I'll let you know what happens!
Thanks everybody!
I'm not sure about the heads, but if it was on the printer before and was working, then I couldn't see why it wouldn't, you just need to make sure you change the rank #.

unmateria

Remove the dampers from the captop. If inks try to return to cartdridge, is a damper. If not, is the captop (is normal when they are beginning to break until they finally break). If they are no crossink colours in the printhead test, thats for sure the cause.

unmateria

Ok, dont worry, it doesnt look bad...
If ink is not returning to the cartdridges over some time and the dampers are full (remove both dampers and see if it returns to see it better), look the rubber pad under the captop, with not original inks, sometimes it shrinks (a lot). That rubber pad must be in perfect state and u have to wet a little the holes with ink to seal it (i use blue ink because pigment is more resistant)... The same with the o-rings in the dampers. But first, be sure that ink is not returning with both dampers installed in the tubes. Check the dampers rubber seals (the ones that go into the captop and the too ones too if ink returns to cartdridges), in that dampers you can easily replace them if they are too wide (i have seen that before too). And the same, wet them in ink, all installed, and leave them alone one night.