• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Lost half of one color - possible causes?

David40

I was doing a few jobs and I noticed my reds were looking a bit orangie. At first I though I messed up my color management but then I did a nozzle check and discovered an entire section of the two magenta sections was blank. I have experienced nozzles getting clogged or failing but never an entire bank of nozzles going down. Just wanted to know if anyone else ever experienced this and if anyone has any suggestions as to the most likely cause?

Thanks

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Usually when one channel stops firing it's going to be an ink flow issue. Do you see ink in the damper for that channel? If not, the damper or the o-ring between the damper and ink line is failing. If there is ink in it, swap the two magenta damper's positions and run a cleaning. Now do another nozzle check. If the channel that works stops working and the one that is not working starts working, it's most likely the damper and/or some other issue above the print head. If the same nozzle check prints with the dampers swapped, the head is most likely fried but it could be a damaged main board in very rare cases.

David40

Usually when one channel stops firing it's going to be an ink flow issue. Do you see ink in the damper for that channel? If not, the damper or the o-ring between the damper and ink line is failing. If there is ink in it, swap the two magenta damper's positions and run a cleaning. Now do another nozzle check. If the channel that works stops working and the one that is not working starts working, it's most likely the damper and/or some other issue above the print head. If the same nozzle check prints with the dampers swapped, the head is most likely fried but it could be a damaged main board in very rare cases.
Wow, what a great idea, thanks.